Activity Editor No Map

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

ozziedriver
Been on the forums for a while

Activity Editor No Map

Post by ozziedriver »

My Activity Editor decided it wont show the route map on a route I'm working on
All the default routes show their maps
I've cheeked the screen res and I have 16 bit for the editor
Any suggestions
Ozziedriver
coolhand101
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Activity Editor No Map

Post by coolhand101 »

Hi Ozzie

Have you tried the OR track viewer program to check your route?. This will load the track and every other item on the route. Could be a means to identify the problem in A.E.

Thanks
ozziedriver

Post by ozziedriver »

Good suggestion but OR wont load the route either
strange because I can still load the route in MSTS editor and work/save it
coolhand101
Very Active Forum Member

Post by coolhand101 »

Are you saying that A.E freezes before it loads the map or loads up but does not show the map ?.

If it is the former, then in my experience, this is caused by a signal 'info' entry which could lead to this problem. It might be leading to a end of track node or the start of it. This will still load the route in R.E, but not MSTS or A.E.

I honestly thought OR ignores this problem, as i could of sworn that I was editing a route once and I place a 'info' signal in the wrong place, but OR still loaded the route, but i could not access A.E to test activities. In that instance, it turned out to be a 'theatre box info signal' leading to an end node. A dummy track start signal at the end node fixed that problem.

Thanks
ozziedriver

Post by ozziedriver »

AE doesn't freeze just wont show the map
I can do all things in the editor but the no map wont let me make an activity within my route
I can do what I like with the default routes

Had thought about the INFO being a problem and looking into that without much success I'm afraid
coolhand101
Very Active Forum Member

Post by coolhand101 »

ozziedriver wrote:AE doesn't freeze just wont show the map
I can do all things in the editor but the no map wont let me make an activity within my route
I can do what I like with the default routes

Had thought about the INFO being a problem and looking into that without much success I'm afraid

Okay. I don't think I've come across that problem before. It's a really odd one.
So with OR, your route will not load in game or in trackviewer? Does anything show in the OR logs, or any other error messages that OR displays, when it starts to load. I keep going on about OR, because it can be use to track down almost every MSTS problem there is!

As your route loads in R.E, I'm betting the problem can be easily resolved. It's just finding the 'needle in the haystack' answer!

Thanks

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”