Problem with Activity EDitor

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

BrianB
Well Established Forum Member

Problem with Activity EDitor

Post by BrianB »

I've stated previously that I'm good at making routes, stock and structures, but have not been good at making activities. With the nearing release of the Huddersfield and Environs 1920 route, I thought I'd have a go at making a couple of sample activities to go with the route.

So, I fired up AE, after having not used it for a fairly long time, and was able to make basic activities, but when I went to add some Traffic, I found I couldn't - the necessary commands were covered over by another window overlap. I'm running everything else successfully under Windows 10.

I'm totally baffled as to how I can correct that - can anyone help ?

I've tried the original scrnsize.exe program and reset the AE Fix and the screen to the large size (1024x768), and it still comes up the same, and I've also used Ged's newer screensize program set at 1280x1024. Neither of these will allow me to move the overlapped section. See the section highlighted in red.

Activity Editor Problem.jpg
HELP

Regards, Brian
"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).
terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Back in the padded cell, however, I did manage to smuggle a full bottle in with me!

Re: Problem with Activity EDitor

Post by terrycunliffe »

Hi Brian,
You are not alone regarding the overlapping windows, and I too have never managed to find a solution. HOWEVER, you should find that other than adding 'hazards', all the necessary commands to create activities are still accessible. When you get that far, you'll find that the button for editing AI traffic is mostly covered, but there will be enough of an edge sticking out to allow access.
T
Virtual Navvy for North West England & Metrolink.

Two rules to get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, gorilla glue it.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Brian,
.... and I've also used Ged's newer screensize program set at 1280x1024.
Sorry, mate, but this is only for the MSTS Route Editor. I've searched for, but been unable to find, similar settings for the Activity Editor.

The above is a repeat of my reply on TSSH, but is included here for clarification regarding my MSTS_RE_ScrnSizer utility.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
brace2011
Been on the forums for a while

Post by brace2011 »

Hi Brian

As far as I recall, this problem is a function of having set the monitor screen to show text, apps etc at larger than 100% (under Display; Settings).

Martin
BrianB
Well Established Forum Member

Post by BrianB »

brace2011 wrote:Hi Brian

As far as I recall, this problem is a function of having set the monitor screen to show text, apps etc at larger than 100% (under Display; Settings).

Martin
AH HA !!! That's it.

I have a widescreen laptop running at 1920 x 1080 - even though it is a 17" screen the text was too small to read comfortably, so when I set the laptop up, I set the text at 125%, and promptly forgot about it.

So, when I need to use Activity Editor, I have to drop the text back to 100%, do my activity work, then reset back to my 'normal' 125%.

Thanks for your help Martin.

Regards, Brian
"Any railway that paints their locomotives such a magnificent shade of red, must be the most superior in the land" (apologies to the late David Jenkinson).

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”