Help with creating a night time activity

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

chrisjw
Getting the hang of things now

Help with creating a night time activity

Post by chrisjw »

I'm still a relative noob as far as MSTS is concerned, but I do like experimenting. I've searched on the forum for advice, but can't find anything relevant to my query'....I've made various daytime activities on different routes, using the Editor & Tools, adding traffic & timetables, but decided to try a night time one. All I've done differently, is alter the start time, but I've realised that there is obviously more involved to it than this, as the textures aren't right, I can't see the tracks & the headlights on the train won't operate. I made this activity on the LTS route, using a MT Class 207 consist, adding traffic. What do I need in order to create something, as I'd like to understand what's involved. Thanks in advance.

Chris.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Help with creating a night time activity

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Chris,
As far as I know, you don't have to do anything particular to create a night-time activity; the textures should adjust automatically.

Regarding the Class 207. If it's from the London South East route, it doesn't have any lights! Pressing the lights switch won't, therefore, have any effect.

As for the textures, are you running the LSE route? If so, is it the Gold version? If not, have you applied the updates, some of which apply to textures?

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
chrisjw

Post by chrisjw »

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Chris,
As far as I know, you don't have to do anything particular to create a night-time activity; the textures should adjust automatically.

Regarding the Class 207. If it's from the London South East route, it doesn't have any lights! Pressing the lights switch won't, therefore, have any effect.

As for the textures, are you running the LSE route? If so, is it the Gold version? If not, have you applied the updates, some of which apply to textures?

Cheers,
Ged
Hi Ged....

That's good to know, as it means I'm doing things right (in a way)........I do have the LSE route installed (I bought the CD) & yes, I believe the locos are from it, although it doesn't say whether it's the gold edition, so I presume it isn't. I'll have a peruse for the updates you've mentioned, d/l & install them.........I'll let you know how I get on....Thanks for the help & guidance.

Chris.
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Post by dforrest »

Night textures will only show if they have been included in the route by the route author. Several routes do not include these.
David
chrisjw

Post by chrisjw »

dforrest wrote:Night textures will only show if they have been included in the route by the route author. Several routes do not include these.
Yes, I thought maybe that was the case. I will need to work out how to recognise which routes have night textures & also which consists have operational headlights.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Chris,
It depends on how long ago you purchased the LSE route - the Gold version has been available for quite a considerable time now.

The updates for the original version don't seem to be available now that the original MakingTracks-online site is not accessible, I am seeking permission from Dave Babb to upload various Making Tracks updates and enhancements to the UKTS library and will post if/when I hear from him.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
chrisjw

Post by chrisjw »

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Chris,
It depends on how long ago you purchased the LSE route - the Gold version has been available for quite a considerable time now.

The updates for the original version don't seem to be available now that the original MakingTracks-online site is not accessible, I am seeking permission from Dave Babb to upload various Making Tracks updates and enhancements to the UKTS library and will post if/when I hear from him.

Cheers,
Ged
OK, thanks for that Ged...........I've now replaced the MT207 with a Class 50, as I knew, from a previous activity, that the headlights work on that consist, so the night time activity I created on the LSE route is now working as it should.....I purchased the LSE route on flea-bay & I also tried the MakingTracks site, but it was getting flagged by my anti-virus program, so I gave up.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”