Player Control in an Activity

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

RIGFindlay
New to the Forums

Re: Player Control in an Activity

Post by RIGFindlay »

Yes, I am doing it all the time when I test coaches for Darwin Smith in Norwood Yard. There is a pre-set path, but I uses manual points to get at different sets of carriages to test their couplings etc.

Good luck.

Roderic
dorlan
Totally Narrow Minded

Post by dorlan »

This should now be unlocked, but it still says it's locked! :-?
Ian J
Member of the UKTS Forum Moderation Team.
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Post by dforrest »

I am looking further into this. A summary of what I have found to be the general understanding is:
Automatic points are controlled by the activity path.

Manual points are controlled by the player.

Where there are manual points used in an activity path, they can be overridden by the player.

Automatic points function as manual points while in explore mode.
There is no differentiation between the two types of points in the track plan in AE or any of the Track Viewer utilities.

There in a difference in the route database and this is summariesd on the following website:

https://digital-rails.com/wordpress/201 ... -switches/

Has anyone found an easier way than the procure detailed in this, to see in AE or a track viewer utility, whether points are automatic or manual?

Manual paints appear to have the lever visible for the shunter to use to change the points but is this always the case?
David
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi David,
Manual paints appear to have the lever visible for the shunter to use to change the points but is this always the case?
Is that really true?? It's something I've never seen (or noticed), except in some US routes!

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Back in the padded cell, however, I did manage to smuggle a full bottle in with me!

Post by terrycunliffe »

dforrest wrote:
Unfortunately David, No.
Although the manual 'default' points did show a lever, there is nothing visible in the x tracks switches that you can use as a reference.
T
Virtual Navvy for North West England & Metrolink.

Two rules to get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, gorilla glue it.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”