Dropping off cars from player consists

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Dropping off cars from player consists

Post by dforrest »

Can someone please tell me how to enter an Action Event in Activity Editor to drop of wagons from the player consist at a particular location. I can enter the siding to which they are to be dropped but can find no way to enter the details of the cars in the player consist to be dropped off.
David
dennisat
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Dropping off cars from player consists

Post by dennisat »

You can set up a message that displays as the train approaches the point that the drop off is to occur. On a section of track that the train must traverse to get to the drop off point, preferably not too far away, right click on the track section. Select "Place Location Event". Fill in the form appropriately. For "Outcome" you almost certainly want to select "Display a Message". Press the "Edit message" button and write a suitable message describing what the player should do at this point.

Dennis
[album 193027 OR_Supporter_Logo_Red.jpg] The best way to go
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Re: Dropping off cars from player consists

Post by dforrest »

The problem I had was how to enter the details of the cars in the player consist to be dropped off. I could not find a way to "point" to the item in the player consist, as is required.

By further research I have found out the this is done by clicking on "Verify start state" which shows the consist at its starting location allowing it to be clicked on.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”