Additional Activities for NWE V3

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

coolhand101
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Additional Activities for NWE V3

Post by coolhand101 »

terrycunliffe wrote: A nice, easy 2 hour passenger run
Many thanks for this activity :wink:
Which ran perfect in OR!

Thanks
terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Back in the padded cell, however, I did manage to smuggle a full bottle in with me!

Post by terrycunliffe »

Next one:-
 Click to view more informationThe Latimers go to Morecambe An activity for NWE3 [76050821 bytes] - The Latimers go to Morecambe.zip
File ID: 35225 Date: 14 Feb 2016 - 144 Downloads

I've classed this one as "hard" :D

Steam activity, and all additional stock required is included in the download.

On a Summer Saturday, the Latimers are off on their annual Summer holiday to Morecambe from their home in Millom.
Their journey will consist of having to change trains twice, once at Barrow-in-Furness, and at Carnforth. This will be accompished in the simulation by the use of the invisipilot loco.
Virtual Navvy for North West England & Metrolink.

Two rules to get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, gorilla glue it.
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Post by scampispeedway »

Hi Terry, I downloaded this activity yesterday morning and saw that later on it had been removed, now it's available again.
Can you give a reason why this happened as the download seems to contain the same files in side and is the same size.

Thanks
Bob
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Post by dforrest »

Terry, I cannot read "README The Latimers go to Morecambe.txt" in the download.

EDIT - I posted too quickly! I have re-downloaded the activity and I can now read the text file.
David
terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Back in the padded cell, however, I did manage to smuggle a full bottle in with me!

Post by terrycunliffe »

scampispeedway wrote:Hi Terry, I downloaded this activity yesterday morning and saw that later on it had been removed, now it's available again.
Can you give a reason why this happened as the download seems to contain the same files in side and is the same size.

Thanks
Bob
Hi Bob,
The activity file had an error in the timetable (impossible arrival time at Barrow) in the original.
Just a minor tweak... that's why the files are exactly the same size :)
I was hoping that no-one had noticed, as the file was showing zero downloads when I re-uploaded :D
Obviously incorrect :o
T

Two rules to get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, gorilla glue it.
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Post by dforrest »

Terry, that upload count now only updates at 2:00am (or something like that) each day.

Very Active Forum Member

Post by terrycunliffe »

dforrest wrote:Terry, that upload count now only updates at 2:00am (or something like that) each day.

scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Post by scampispeedway »

Hi Terry, thanks for that clarification, I always check first thing in morning for any new files and download and store them for future use.

Cheers
Bob
gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gswindale »

A few from me to add to the list:
 Click to view more informationNWEGS01 1K03 Chester - Crewe [14219 bytes] - NWEGS01.zip
File ID: 35232 Date: 16 Feb 2016 - 124 Downloads

Click to view more informationNWEGS02 - 1W05 Crewe - Manchester Piccadilly [34837 bytes] - NWEGS02.zip
File ID: 35233 Date: 16 Feb 2016 - 110 Downloads

Click to view more informationNWEGS03 - 1K18 Crewe - Derby [9904 bytes] - NWEGS03.zip
File ID: 35234 Date: 16 Feb 2016 - 101 Downloads

Click to view more informationNWEGS04 - 1O18 Manchester - Bournemouth [29640 bytes] - NWEGS04.zip
File ID: 35235 Date: 16 Feb 2016 - 144 Downloads

These do require additional downloads/purchases I'm afraid though.

Hopefully I'll get some more done in due course :-)
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
davidboase
Been on the forums for a while

Post by davidboase »

A very interesting activity. Great use of the invisipilot.

David.
Ksilvester
New to the Forums

Post by Ksilvester »

Just a couple of ideas I have for activities, I read in a book that in 1981/82 there was a regular Crewe-Preston semi-fast diagram that was booked for class 82 haulage. I just thought that would be good to re-create on NWE. I believe the train consisted of about 4 or 5 MK1s.

Another idea is for a run with an Intercity Cross-Country service circa 1994-96. You start off at Kidsgrove driving an invisipilot coupled to 47839 and 7 Intercity Swallow livered Mk2s. You take the train to Preston, calling at Macclesfield, Stockport, Manchester Piccadilly and Bolton en route. At Preston you uncouple 47839, drop it off in a siding, pick up either 86102 or 86213, couple that up to the train, and carry on to Carlisle, calling at Lancaster, Oxenholme and Penrith. I believe the loco change was a regular procedure on loco hauled Cross-Country trains.
terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member

Post by terrycunliffe »

Ksilvester wrote: Another idea is for a run with an Intercity Cross-Country service circa 1994-96. You start off at Kidsgrove driving an invisipilot coupled to 47839 and 7 Intercity Swallow livered Mk2s. You take the train to Preston, calling at Macclesfield, Stockport, Manchester Piccadilly and Bolton en route. At Preston you uncouple 47839, drop it off in a siding, pick up either 86102 or 86213, couple that up to the train, and carry on to Carlisle, calling at Lancaster, Oxenholme and Penrith. I believe the loco change was a regular procedure on loco hauled Cross-Country trains.
Activity now under construction loosely along these lines. :)

terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member

Post by terrycunliffe »

Now available for download.
Feedback welcome :)
 Click to view more informationIC cross country Stoke-Glasgow . An activity for NWEV3 [279946 bytes] - IC cross country Stoke-Glasgow.zip
File ID: 35456 Date: 30 Mar 2016 - 199 Downloads

gary1959
Getting the hang of things now

Post by gary1959 »

Terry

Just downloaded activity and there are 3 files missing. You said in your read me that no additional files were required.

#Class105_DMBS_M50756_BRBf.eng
Class105_TCL_M59311_BRBf.wag
#Class105_DMCL_M50789_BRBf.eng

Are these available from UKTS, I have had a quick search with no luck.

Thanks in advance

Gary.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Gary,
The "missing" DMU is supplied with a previous activity :
 Click to view more informationThe Latimers go to Morecambe An activity for NWE3 [76050821 bytes] - The Latimers go to Morecambe.zip
File ID: 35225 Date: 14 Feb 2016 - 144 Downloads

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”