Dorset Coast v6 Path Problems in Activity Editor

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

Captain
New to the Forums

Dorset Coast v6 Path Problems in Activity Editor

Post by Captain »

Hi there,

I'm trying to create an activity where I travel from Salisbury to Romsey via Romsey, Southampton and Eastleigh. What happens is that the path decides to automatically reverse the points just past Redlands sending it down to Weymouth. When I right click, I cannot remove the reverse point. When I do remove the path points and manage to get the path in the right direction, and get it to where I want it, the stations available for selection are all stations far off the path (Micheldever, Basingstoke, and Woking are some that are showing). It only just happens on this section of the route, which I've been experiencing a few times now. Is this a known bug? Is there a fix for it? Has anyone had this problem? It's getting really annoying.
gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Dorset Coast v6 Path Problems in Activity Editor

Post by gswindale »

It's been a while since I've been in that area of the route.

If you take a look at
 Click to view more informationGS 2R50 Salisbury to Romsey [9615 bytes] - GS_2R50.zip
File ID: 31324 Date: 24 Jun 2013 - 183 Downloads

I think I've got a path going where you want which you can use as a template if you wish (you may need to remove waiting points from Southampton).

I've had similar problems in the past and seem to recall having to do much fiddling to find the right path points to change.

A similar issue can arise on GlasCar if you try to loop round via Hamilton.
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Post by scampispeedway »

Hi, adding to what Geoffrey has posted, I know that R.pts. can only be moved up to just before the next points
track change and once they are placed you cannot remove them.
To get round this problem the path must be deleted by removing the start point and the path re-drawn from
the same point and only when you get to right place do you put the R.pt. back in.
I've had to move a few R.pts. in a number of Activities when the author failed to leave enough room for the
consist to pass the points that the R.pt. changes and you end up chasing the R.pt on the Track Monitor display.

Bob
MattT93
Getting the hang of things now

Post by MattT93 »

Found that the best way to get around this problem was to place a end point just as you leave Redbridge then save it. Exit and re load remove the end point and it will get you past Millbrook and into Southampton :)

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”