End point problem

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

stefcurtis
Established Forum Member

Re: End point problem

Post by stefcurtis »

Hi Fella's,
thanks Stephen for the kind words & also Ged for that invaluable piece of info.

You are right that this forum is a great place for info & thanks must go to everyone who helps on a daily basis.

Creating activities is not an easy task as it seems there is no definitive work on the subject with the tutorials i have read covering only basics & with so much involved with AI etc.. it is no easy task.

I definetely agree that when an activity comes together as intended it brings a smile to your face!

I created an activity over the weekend that was a straight high speed run from Reading to Paddington that had the addition of 19 AI consists cutting in & out in small time slots that worked a treat.

When i started MSTS i was happy exploring & within only a relatively small amont of time i can create the above!

Thanks to all for your help, i appreciate it.

Stef :D
The future's bright! The future's Open Rails! :)

Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System, AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 Motherboard
8GB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (1GB), Realtek High Definition Audio
terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Back in the padded cell, however, I did manage to smuggle a full bottle in with me!

Post by terrycunliffe »

Sorry to have come in late on this, on the subject of reverse points, I generally find the reverse point will appear to trigger at different positions, depending on the direction of the loco.
Let me explain...
If you are travelling in a forward direction, the reverse point usually triggers close to the front of the locomotive.
If you are travelling in reverse (which is very likely in shunting activities), or in the case of diesel engines, if you have switched cabs, the reverse point then usually triggers closer to the rear (in the direction of travel) of the loco. i.e. close to the original 'front', and you need to position the RP's to take this into account.
It therefore can happen that you need to move the RP closer to the the set of points node, rather than further away for it to trigger.
Hope this makes sense :)
T
Virtual Navvy for North West England & Metrolink.

Two rules to get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, gorilla glue it.
stefcurtis
Established Forum Member

Post by stefcurtis »

Hi Terry,
thanks for your advice, i'll bear that in mind when i try it next! :D

Best wishes..

Stef
The future's bright! The future's Open Rails! :)

Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System, AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 Motherboard
8GB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (1GB), Realtek High Definition Audio

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”