AI loco's

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

stefcurtis
Established Forum Member

Re: AI loco's

Post by stefcurtis »

Hi Stephen,
thanks for your advice.

I have just finished tweaking things & i have succeeded!

Ending the AI train paths worked & i also changed the start/ finish times of some of the AI trains to balance things out (a steady stream of AI rather than everything coming at once!)

It may be a simple run from Acton to Slough but you gotta start somewhere eh!

Thanks...

Stef :D :D :D
The future's bright! The future's Open Rails! :)

Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System, AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 Motherboard
8GB DDR RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series (1GB), Realtek High Definition Audio
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaelhendle »

Hi Stef,

What route is the activity for? and will you up load it for the rest of us to use,we could do with some more activity makers,I have made a few for my self but as I have never mastered AI trains,(my brain just can't grasp some things)I have never up loaded them.

Mike
stefcurtis
Established Forum Member

Post by stefcurtis »

Hi Mike,
I have created Activities for Eurobahn GWR (2) & also another 2 for Woodhead.

I would be more than happy to upload them BUT at the moment i wouldn't think they would be up to the high standard of others & all of my MSTS Train files downloaded are customised anyway.

I.e - All of my loco's filenames are renamed for my own benefit, for example 76053 (class 76 woodhead electric loco) UKTS file ID no 30331 (filename DD_CLASS_76_76053) has been renamed by myself to 76053 (RS) BLUE
76053 being the TOPS number, the (RS) tells me that the loco was allocated to Reddish Depot, Manchester in 1977 which is the era i am roughly modelling my simulations on (i started trainspotting in 1977!) & the BLUE is the loco colour.
The .ENG, .S & .SD files have all been renamed also.
The only files i have not renamed are the .ACE files as it is beyond my limited knowledge.

Each .ENG file has also been altered slightly with all of my rolling stock having Chain & Automatic coupling with Air brakes. (sorry purists but i wanted it that way!)

The .SMS files are taken from the best sounds i could find for that class of loco on the UKTS website as is the Cabview also.

I now have 1,175 individual loco's each carrying their own number albeit most of them are just a number change in the ACE file.
Many i have individually weathered though not as good as some of the excellent model on UKTS.

Thats about it, i have only started MSTS a few months ago & it has taken over my life i'm afraid.

All the best...

Stef :wink:

Windows 7 Home Premium Operating System, AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor, Gigabyte GA-770T-USB3 Motherboard
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaelhendle »

Hi Stef,
I have done the similar to my pre 1970 stock,steam loco's and stock all have both chain couplings and where appropriate vacuum brakes,steam loco's I have used mostly Hans Noons cabs,my N and U class loc o's have the proper cabs and also my Bulleid Pacifics also have the proper cabs.

My Blue\Grey era mostly have air brakes and automatic couplings,but I think I might back date them as well due to the early 1970 there were still a lot of non braked and vacuum brake stock still in use,I think I will alter my sectorisation stock to air brake
and automatic couplings.

I tend to stick to era the routes were originally set in,and use the right loco's and stock for that era,my favourite era is 1955-65,that way you can use most steam loco's and diesels up to class 47,and electrics up to class 86.

Mike
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

stefcurtis wrote:Hi Mike,
I have created Activities for Eurobahn GWR (2) & also another 2 for Woodhead.

I would be more than happy to upload them BUT at the moment i wouldn't think they would be up to the high standard of others & all of my MSTS Train files downloaded are customised anyway.

Hi Stef.

That alone would be why you should never upload them!

Niall
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
stefcurtis
Established Forum Member

Post by stefcurtis »

Thanks for your input Niall but I may be new here but know enough to realise custom files would be unworkable in this context, that's why I said I would not upload any custom activities prior to your post! What you have to realise is when I started all this all I wanted was a fleet of br loco's I could drive about in explore mode. I never thought for a minute that I would be creating a workable activity so soon.

Stef

P.s as a footnote I have re-read my original post & don't say is as many words that I'd not be uploading them. It is implied only! I will not be uploading them as they would be incompatable which is a shame as I would like to contribute somehow. :) (it just makes me feel I have done wrong by customising my files making it impossible to post activities!)

gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gswindale »

Hi Stef,

It isn't an insurmountable problem as long as you've not modified the eng/wag files so much as to make them perform completely differently to the originals.

I realised just as I was about to upload a recent Dorset Coast activity that I'd been working with the V6-DVD stock rather than the library items. By virtue of backing up the Trainset folder and careful redownloading of stock from the library and the use of Route Riter enabled me to work with freely available & correctly named stock.

I wouldn't advise this on a regular basis; as it is prone to errors caused by a mistake in copy/paste routines.

Again; I suspect that this is one area that MS never really considered with the community aspect of creating models - it would be great if all stock was named in a consistent manner - for instance Country, Fuel, Class, Number
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
stefcurtis
Established Forum Member

Post by stefcurtis »

Hi Geoffrey,
Wouldn't it be simple if it was that way where everything was standard. If that were the case it would of saved me an awful lot of time! Anyway, I don't mind. It was a labour of love!
I take onboard what you say but to be honest I get confused enough already with one set of files for activities let alone building them from different sets of files!

Thanks...

Stef

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”