Tools and editor crashes when tryng to open the U2 and U8

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Tools and editor crashes when tryng to open the U2 and U8

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi transitbuff,
i did just that, added the - toolset at the end of the target line but when i double click on the new shortcut it only opens up the sim and not the editor and tools menu
It's very important that you put the space in the right place! You seem to have it between the hyphen and the word: toolset. There must be no space between these two. I suggest you copy the line from my previous post and paste it into the Target line, over-writing the complete line already there.

Happy New Year :)

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
transitbuff
Getting the hang of things now

Post by transitbuff »

Alright i will try that and happy new year to you too and everyone else! :D blah i gotta go to work soon haha
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

good evening Ged, copied the target line you have written into the shortcut, unfortunately when i double click the sim opens up and not the tools menu, hmm im trying to think wut im doing wrong, supposedly if the tools menu does show up wut would it look like? does it look anything like actual TS editors and tools or something entirely diff? i was thinking, the train.exe file is wut launches the berlin subway, wouldn't the shortcut do like wise even tho we add the -toolset at the end of the target line? if anything ive probably missed a step some where along the line and just didnt realize it.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi transitbuff,
does it look anything like actual TS editors and tools or something entirely diff?
It depends if the makers of U2/U8 have changed the screen pictures! Irrespective of that, the menu options and screen title should be exactly the same as shown below :

Click the image to zoom in
wouldn't the shortcut do like wise even tho we add the -toolset at the end of the target line?
No, the -toolset parameter tells train.exe to open up in editor mode, instead of sim mode.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
brace2011
Been on the forums for a while

Post by brace2011 »

Are you sure you have got the inverted commas where Ged showed you above?
slipperman12 wrote: "C:\Desktop Microsoft Games\TML-Studios\train.exe" -toolset
Martin
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

Yes, those inverted commas were already in the target line as shown in Ged's earlier post,i even copied the whole thing as pasted in the target line section as well and still the sim opens but not the tools menu. i looked over it again and again to make sure everything is typed correctly, im pretty certain im doing something wrong but i dont know wut.. altho it seems ive done everything as instructed but we'll see i'll just have to keep trying until i get it right.
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

great news Ged, i came across another topic on here that talked bout how to creare your own activities for the berlin subway and that method that poster talked bout has done the trick, still iam very thankful for taking your time to help me with this and as always i appreciate the help you and everyone has giving me. now i can make my own acts for the sim with out any trouble.. of course theres always that tools and editors iffy glitch that causes the program to shut down, but heck thats a small price to pay for greatness haha :D
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi transitbuff,
That's great, mate :)
It would, no doubt, help others with the same problem, if you could link to that other thread, or tell us what was different that enabled you to use the Activity Editor.

Cheers,
Ged
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

hmm let me see if i can find it ahh here it is! http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic. ... 60&t=47868 that thread should help everyone else who wants to be able to create Acts for the berlin subway, a great find if i may add. i hope this will help :)

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”