Tools and editor crashes when tryng to open the U2 and U8

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

transitbuff
Getting the hang of things now

Tools and editor crashes when tryng to open the U2 and U8

Post by transitbuff »

Good evening folks, as you can see by my title above tools and editors crashes when ever i try to open the route U2 and U8.. now iam not sure why this problem occurs since i had no problems with it before in the past when i was running windows XP now im running windows 7. so when i encounted the issue i searched the web hoping maybe i could find a solution or to see if anyone else has had this problem as well but nope, i like to think im probably the only one with this issue. so a few things i did to fix the problem was to make sure i installed msts correctly and then followed by berlin subway addon. now msts runs fine until i coped the U2 and U8 routes into the Routes folder and that's when the problem occurs.. when i run msts it loads 2/3 of the way then shuts down. any suggestions advice is welcome as im pretty much out of ideas as to what to do.. mind you both berlin subway and msts runs ok..until i try to open up the AE for the U lines. again any help tops suggestions greatly appreciated =)
gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Tools and editor crashes when tryng to open the U2 and U8

Post by gswindale »

Do other routes open ok?

I'm not familiar with these routes; but do they install as a standalone version rather than in the main sim? I'm sure I saw some German routes that effectively created a mini route installation; in which case it could be your tsection.dat file causing problems.
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
SDtrains
Well Established Forum Member

Post by SDtrains »

Hi,
A bit of a shot in the dark, but did you copy the global dependencies over?

Regards
Actions speak louder than words, but gossip spreads fast!
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

As far as other default routes go they open fine.. the problem occurs when i copy the U routes into the main Routes folder msts itself will not only load up completely to make a selection in choosing a route and train but tools and editors closes down when i choose a U route to edit now as far as tsection.dat those two routes didnt have the tsection.dat files.. i like to assume that is the issue but.. in the past i dont remember wut i had to do after installing the addon and i didnt have any problems editing the routes at all but as time maybe i can figure something out but i will try and do the things you guys mentioned.
ozziedriver
Been on the forums for a while

Post by ozziedriver »

Cheak the TILES files of your routes that don't open to make sure all the "e ,n and y files have copied over
You might just have a file full of Tfiles
If that is the case you must Zip the files before coping them over
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

Alright, im going to try and do just that and to see what happens
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

Well i looked into all the routes to see if e n and y files are there.. they all have those type of files including the T files
ozziedriver
Been on the forums for a while

Post by ozziedriver »

Have you got the correct tsection file in your GLOBAL file
some later routes require a later version
Same goes with track, have you copied all the track over
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

Well, considering that this is a berlin subway addon i kinda figured that everything the map needs would already be included during the install. the one thing i noticed is that the maps U2 and U8 do not have a tsection.dat file, i like to think maybe thats why editors and tools cant seem to open up the AE on these lines or even train sim not being able to load completely. now as far as global..if that too has a part in why the problem occurs id like to be able to fix that. just not sure wut to do exactly.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi transitbuff,
Are you the same MSTSer who posted a very similar message on trainsim.com under the username mbta22?
If so, may I say that if you'd explained exactly what you were trying to do on this Forum, as you did as mbta22, you might have received more relevant replies here!

This is a copy of my reply on trainsim.com :
Is your Berlin Subway route built into its own "mini-route"? If so, and if it uses a standard train.exe, have you tried setting up a new shortcut Desktop icon with ".......\train.exe" -toolset in the Target line? It might just allow you to create an activity in AE!

One poster on trainsim advised not to try and copy the Berlin Subway route into a 'normal' MSTS installation due to the unique way it is set up. My suggestion, above, is based on you leaving the route in its own installation.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

yes that is me, i figured id try and see what others would say as well as here, and to answer your question , no i have not, could you kindly explain how to go about doing so? its been so long since ive used msts. i feel like things worked a bit better during XP lol. and thank you for response :)
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi transitbuff,
As you're not using XP, have you installed MSTS away from the Program Files / Program Files (x86) folders, as per the Steam4Me tutorial?
If not, and you haven't correctly setup the permissions, I fear you will continue to have problems with MSTS!

If you have followed the above tutorial, please continue with the following : Navigate to where the train.exe for the Berlin Subway is located and right-click on it; click on 'Send to' and then 'Desktop (create shortcut)'. Go to the shortcut just created and right-click on it then select 'Properties'; in the 'Target line' you'll see ".........\train.exe" (the ..... will actually be the folder/s where your Berlin Subway is installed). Edit that line to read "........\train.exe" -toolset note the one space between the last quote mark and the hyphen. Click on 'Apply' and close the box. I suggest you change the name of the shortcut, so you know what's it's for! If you now double-click on that shortcut, you should get the Editors and Tools menu.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

good morning slipperman yes i have installed msts just outside of those two program files. my berlin subway is actually in a folder called TML studios. i created a desktop shortcut from the train.exe. next when i right click on it and go to properties the target line says the following

"C:\Desktop Microsoft Games\TML-Studios\train.exe." some where after train.exe" do i then type in -toolset or? i do hope the folder i have both the sims installed is appropriate since i only have a C drive i tried following that tutorial of not having the sims in program files as accurately as possible.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi transitbuff,
Based on what you've posted, the Target line in your new shortcut should read :
"C:\Desktop Microsoft Games\TML-Studios\train.exe" -toolset
Note the space between .exe" and -toolset !!

Cheers,
Ged
transitbuff

Post by transitbuff »

good evening Ged, i did just that, added the - toolset at the end of the target line but when i double click on the new shortcut it only opens up the sim and not the editor and tools menu.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”