Freightliner to Reading

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

bruce16
Been on the forums for a while

Freightliner to Reading

Post by bruce16 »

Merry Christmas everyone,

As part of the 12 days of Christmas for MSTS I have been working on a new activity for Dorset Coast V6 to be released fairly soon, it involves driving a Freightliner train from Southampton Maritime to near Reading, this goes back to one of my original activity ideas but extends it further, you will get stuck behind faster services and get looped for other services too, but here is a quick preview taken this morning

Click the image to zoom in

cheers
Bruce
SDtrains
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Freightliner to Reading

Post by SDtrains »

Hi Bruce,

I did not just get stuck behind other traffic, I managed to crash into the back of a 455 (the rear car was the wrong way round!) at Winchester, on a green light, too.

Regards
Actions speak louder than words, but gossip spreads fast!
bruce16

Post by bruce16 »

Hello there sorry you are having a problem with the activity. Right well I did originally have a problem with that 450 I thought I had fixed it by setting it to leave much later but timing is critical at Winchester, you have to be through the station by just after 10:33:30, the 450 is set to leave 2 mins later at 10:35 so when you are in the loop at Wallers Ash the train gets looped for that and then a crosscountry Voyager.

Just out of curiosity what time did you get to Winchester as if you are too late the 450 would just appear in front of you even on a green light.

If the problem persists I will upload a new version with the 450 leaving later

cheers
Bruce
SDtrains
Well Established Forum Member

Post by SDtrains »

HI Bruce,

I arrived at about 10:30, the same time as that traffic service was due to start. Perhaps I was a little slow driving through the yellows, but my excuse is that I have been trying to win gold medals in TS2104 career scenarios, which are very unforgiving to say the least. Perhaps the service ( I think there's two of them) should have started a Southampton - well, anytime earlier to suit the slow coaches like me! In reality, I don't think the freight trains start picking up speed until they have reached the other side of the Eastleigh junction to Romsey.

Regards
Actions speak louder than words, but gossip spreads fast!
bruce16

Post by bruce16 »

Yeah I will look into moving that service to start further back in possibly a Version 2, as it did cause a few problems during testing and it seems to have creeped in again

cheers
Bruce

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”