Activity Editor fails to open a route

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

docmartin
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Activity Editor fails to open a route

Post by docmartin »

It is very encouraging to see that there is still interest in my route. It is still a long way from completion but I have decided to do the following.

First I need to complete the signalling, speed limits and mileage on all the track that I have added to the route following the integration of Michael Willis' Oxford route. I then need to finish off the scenery at High Wycombe by completing the building of the station and making the goods shed. Then I want to replace some of the trackside trees in some parts of the route with something a little less dense than I have them at the moment so that the scenery can be seen a little easier from the track.

Once that is done, I hope to be able to upload the route as is, ie. only partially sceneried. The entire route Banbury to Marylebone, Banbury to Didcot and Aylesbury to Marylebone/Baker Street together with the Abingdon, Thame, Watlington and Maidenhead and Risborough-Aylesbury branches as well as the Oxforshire Ironstone Railway will be fully playable but only Banbury to High Wycombe will be fully sceneried at this stage. Elsewhere scenery is somewhat token and sporadic.

I have decided to do it this way, since it could easily be another couple of years before the route is fully sceneried and I may well also be tempted to add to the route with the Bicester Military Railway and perhaps push north from Aylesbury towards Woodford Halse on the old GCR line, all of which will of course extend the timeframe. But I don't think it is reasonable to expect people to wait much longer before they can get a taste of the route. Of course, I will continue working on the scenery and issue updates as I progress.
rufuskins
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Activity Editor fails to open a route

Post by rufuskins »

Sounds good to me! In addition I'll need to sharpen a few pencils for a new entry in the TSSH Route Directory. It's also hoped that stock builders can put together relevant packs for this route.

Good luck, Alec
Working on exMT Thumper Project.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”