LTS Signals

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

DarwinS
Very Active Forum Member

LTS Signals

Post by DarwinS »

I have been trying to make an LTSR activity with the newly available LMS 3-cylinder tank locos. However when testing I keep coming up against red signals... even though the distants are off. This has happened at two different sets of signals around East Ham and Barking (where if I drive fast I should catch up the train in front).

Any suggestions on how to make sure I get a warning from distant signals?

I am now thinking of some experiments parking invisilocos in front of certain signals, if I can find which home signals will definitely activate the distants. (...very complex route with so many signals).
Regards

Darwin
DarwinS
Very Active Forum Member

Re: LTS Signals

Post by DarwinS »

Just opened the route in RE to have a look. Basically there seem to be too many homes and not enough distants.

From Fenchurch Street to Plaistow (through Stepney East, Burdett Road, Gas Factory Junction, Campbell Road Junction, Bromley and West Ham - 22 homes and no distant signals at all... ignoring that the LNER installed MAS on the Fenchurch Street to Gas Factory Junction section in the early 1930s anyway).

From Plaistow there is a distant signal for Upton Park, 2 homes then a distant for East Ham and 3homes..

Then follow 6 home signals (where said activity comes to a sticky end) before next distant at Barking.

Not sure if permission would be forthcoming to resignal the route... or even if I or anyone else would wish to! (Otherwise I do rather like the route!!) In the meantime let me reorganize those invisilocos to hopefully operate such distant signals as there are.. (with many thanks to the inventor of the invisiloco!)
Regards

Darwin
johny
Very Active Forum Member

Post by johny »

Not sure what good an invisiloco would do as distant signals do not react to track occupancy but to the state of the stop signals between any one distant and the next distant. I would agree that there are far too many stop signals and too few distants, it certainly isn't necessary to have each set of points protected by its own stop signal. I would have thought the number of signal boxes on leaving Fenchurch St would necessitate a fair number of stop/distant combination signals.

I have run a test activity, with no AI traffic, using the Fen St to Shoebury via Tilbury path supplied with the route. All stop signals out to Dagenham and beyond were cleared, however two distants in stop/distant combinations were on, one at East Ham and another at Upminster, this may be caused by the blue zone syndrome, but will require checking in RE. At the east end of Barking the signal aspects are not showing, I suspect due to the too many lights syndrome.

This route has been available since 2007, I would have thought that if there are problems with the signalling somebody would have pointed this out by now.

John
Technical Authors Do It Manually

#WolvesAyWe
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi John,
I suspect due to the too many lights syndrome.
Could be wrong, but I thought this was solved by the Bin Patch.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”