Step by Step Guide to Train Sim Activities

The MSTS Activity Editor allows you to make your own activities, or missions, for the player to complete. This is also how you can get lots of other trains running while you drive yours!

Moderator: Moderators

slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Step by Step Guide to Train Sim Activities

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi All,
This manual was withdrawn by Abacus earlier this year, but the good news is that the author, Rich Garber, has now made it available on his website.

The price is the same as Abacus sold it for ($10) and the download can be purchased here : http://www.allaboardrails.com/at.htm - it's a .pdf file.

It may be worthwhile if this thread could be made into a 'sticky', so as to make it more visible, please.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Step by Step Guide to Train Sim Activities

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi All,
I've just seen, on trainsim.com, that Rich Garber's site, AllAboardRails, is closing on 1st December 2013.
As it is the only source for this tutorial, I have emailed him to check if he has any future plans for it; I'll update this thread with his reply.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
aj52mdy
Well Established Forum Member

Post by aj52mdy »

slipperman12 wrote:Hi All,
I've just seen, on trainsim.com, that Rich Garber's site, AllAboardRails, is closing on 1st December 2013.
As it is the only source for this tutorial, I have emailed him to check if he has any future plans for it; I'll update this thread with his reply.

Cheers,
Ged
Hi Ged/everyone.
Help required please.
I have purchased downloaded(or at least tried to) the above from Rich Garbers AllAboardRails site before it closes.
I am unable to open the PDF download, Instead I get the following message:- The webpage cannot be displayed

Most likely cause:
•Some content or files on this webpage require a program that you don't have installed.

What you can try:
Search online for a program you can use to view this web content.
It appears that it is something called Mailbox which obviously I do not have or really need.
As usual there are pages and pages of stuff,about this Mailbox I do not have a clue what to do and if this site is closing over the next few days
It looks as if I have thrown £6.35 (I think it was) Down the drain.
Does anyone know how to open this programme. As always all help greatfully received.
Cheers
Andy
Andy Moody West Moors Dorset. On the Old Road (Lymington Jn-Broadstone closed 1964)
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi,
UPDATE : Rich has given me a reply in which he says he'll probably renew his domain subscription. This means that his site "probably" won't close in December, but nothing's definite.

Andy : You pay using PayPal and then Rich will send you, by email, a receipt with a download link.
Have you successfully downloaded the file? I haven't needed to because I already had it; what is the name of the file?
You need a program like Adobe Reader (easy to Google it!) to read PDF files, although there are other programs which will do the same job.

Mailbox appears to be an email program for IPhone, or similar.

Cheers,
Ged
aj52mdy

Post by aj52mdy »

This message has been edited by a Moderator

slipperman12 wrote: Andy : You pay using PayPal and then Rich will send you, by email, a receipt with a download link.
Have you successfully downloaded the file? I haven't needed to because I already had it; what is the name of the file?
You need a program like Adobe Reader (easy to Google it!) to read PDF files, although there are other programs which will do the same job.

Mailbox appears to be an email program for IPhone, or similar.

Cheers,
Ged
Hi Ged.
Well yes, I have purchased same via Paypal tonight and Rich has subsequently emailed me with the following.

"Thank you for your purchase of the Activity Tutorial for MSTS (Microsoft's Train Simulator)! Be sure to read the following instructions carefully.

Please note: If you find that the links give you a Page Not Found error,
Copy and then Paste the links into your Browser Open line but you must
copy/paste the links exactly or you will get the same error.

Download the zip file from the link below"

[Moderator Comment: "Easilyconfused" - Link removed.]

Extract the pdf using password:
(Deleted for obvious reasons)

Thank you again for your purchase of the Activity Tutorial.

Rich Garber
All Aboard

I dont understand quite the bit about pasting into a browser, I never have cause to do that and have no idea where to look for it.
I am running Windows XP Home.
Sorry to sound so thick Im sure that it is fairly easy if you know how.
Thanks
Andy

This message has been edited by a Moderator

slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi Andy,
No problem!
Put the cursor on the link, click the right mouse button, select "Copy Link Address".
Open your browser, move your cursor up to the address line, right-click and select "Paste"
You should now see the allaboardrails website address - press <ENTER> and the zip file should download.

By the way, PLEASE remove that address from your post IMMEDIATELY, otherwise the World and his wife will try to download your file!! :o I know you haven't given the password, but, you never know!

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Just checking your post again - your browser is probably Internet Explorer; it's the program into which you place "www.google.co.uk" and such-like to access web sites.
Last edited by slipperman12 on Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aj52mdy

Post by aj52mdy »

slipperman12 wrote:Hi Andy,
No problem!
Put the cursor on the link, click the right mouse button, select "Copy Link Address".
Open your browser, move your cursor up to the address line, right-click and select "Paste"
You should now see the allaboardrails website address - press <ENTER> and the zip file should download.

By the way, PLEASE remove that address from your post IMMEDIATELY, otherwise the World and his wife will try to download your file!! :o I know you haven't given the password, but, you never know!

Cheers,
Ged

EDIT : Just checking your post again - your browser is probably Internet Explorer; it's the program into which you place "www.google.co.uk" and such-like to access web sites.
Thanks John, That was very remiss of me, I should have known better, but was getting rather worked up, but thanks to Ged, I after rather a struggle
have now managed to get the file onto my desktop, initally it looked as if it was all in greek or thats what it looked like, and even now I am not really sure
which programme I found to convert it into readable script.
Looking at it quickly It appears to be fairly comprehensible but weather or not I will actually be able to make activities that work is unclear.
Once again Ged, Many thanks for your help, I would never be able to have got that to work on my own.
Best wishes
Andy
Andy Moody West Moors Dorset. On the Old Road (Lymington Jn-Broadstone closed 1964)

Return to “[MSTS1] Activity Creation”