Tall Tales from Toddington 2

Screenshots of MSTS and assorted related tools in action!

Moderator: Moderators

davemarvin
Been on the forums for a while

Tall Tales from Toddington 2

Post by davemarvin »

Thanks to Ged and Ian, this second attempt at this thread will be more successful. Apologies and thank you all for your patience.

After an age, I thought I ought to get posting again, so here is Frank Carver's delightful route of the Gloucestershire and Warwickshire Railway, now a heritage line from Laverton to Cheltenham Racecourse. It was once part of the GWR network between Birmingham to Cheltenham, but closed to passenger services in 1960 and to goods in 1976. Let's pretend that it is still a through route, despite the single track, with these scenarios...

D5541 leaves Winchcombe with a stopping passenger train...

At Toddington, No.4959 Purley Hall waits for the road with a southbound freight and eventually gets away...

No.4959 passes Winchcombe and Gotherington...

A northbound passenger has been held in Gotherington loop as the freight heads for Cheltenham...

No.4959 is last seen at Bishops Cleeve...

More later, Dave
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Tall Tales from Toddington 2

Post by NiallGray »

It's been a while since I ran that route, I must dig it out again.

Considering its age, you can see how well it's stood the test of time in your pics. Excellent work by Frank.

Niall
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
davemarvin

Post by davemarvin »

I do agree with Niall. This route may not have the spread of recent ones, but it's full of beautiful scenery and interest.

In the next shots, it's Saturday specials with No.3440 City of Truro waiting to leave Toddington with a rail society tour to Bristol...

Collett 0-6-0 No.2265 arrives and takes on water before collecting a string of former LNER coaches from the sidings for a special from Gloucester the following day...

No.3440 gets away from Toddington...

No.2265 moves to the sidings, picks up its coaches and heads south...

We'll catch up with them later, Dave
davemarvin

Post by davemarvin »

Collett 0-6-0PT No.5410 has been taken off its normal passenger duties and is in charge of southbound coal train in late afternoon at Winchcombe. It stops to drop off 2 wagons, and D2182 is on hand to move them to the coal siding. No.5410 then continues through Winchcombe...

D2182 has dealt with the coal wagons and turned its attention to some Evans, Adlard & Co vans...

Meanwhile, No.5410 is near Gretton with some interested onlookers...

We leave it to continue south through Gretton...

More later, Dave
davemarvin

Post by davemarvin »

We catch up with Collett 0-6-0 No.2265 at Hailes, where the setback platform of the disused halt is evidence of the former double track...

We leave No.2265 as it approaches Winchcombe...

No.3440 City of Truro also passes Winchcombe and is last seen heading south near Gotherington...

More later, Dave
model321
Very Active Forum Member
Location: On the Manchester & Leeds Railway (The Calder Valley Line)

Post by model321 »

Superb shots of a finely detailed route.
davemarvin

Post by davemarvin »

Thanks for your comments model321.

In the next shots, Collett 0-4-2T No.1411 approaches Toddington with a Cheltenham to Stratford-on-Avon local goods...

It pulls into Toddington yard and drops off 2 vans...

Having rejoined its train, No.1411 pulls out of Toddington yard and continues towards Stratford...

More later, Dave
davemarvin

Post by davemarvin »

It's Sunday afternoon, and engineering work to renew track has been taking place south of Toddington. Collett 0-6-0PT No.5763 has brought the used rail and ballast into Toddington yard, but unusual motive power has arrived to take the train to Tyseley - a member of the old 4-4-0 County Class, No.3832 County of Wilts...

No.3832 eases onto its train, pulls out of the yard and heads for Birmingham over Toddington Viaduct...

One more tale to come, Dave
cougar25
Well Established Forum Member

Post by cougar25 »

Fab shots! Keep em coming! I will most definitely keep these shots for prosperity whilst I am creating my Midhants Railway Route! Latest update here;

http://tsforum.freeclanforum.com/t780-m ... line-route

Amazing how much work there is to do in building a route! Mostly made up of texture work and fine detailing of the Landscape and Signalling! :D

But a lot of fun all the same!

Cheers

Andy
davemarvin

Post by davemarvin »

Thanks Andy, looking forward to taking shots of Midhants.

This last little tale takes place on a summer evening as Collett 0-6-0 No.3205 makes its way north past Bishops Cleeve with a train of milk siphons...

As No.3205 approaches Gotherington, the driver of 37324 on a southbound express will not be pleased at being held in the loop for the milk train to pass...

No.3205 continues north near Gretton, then gets a stop signal at Winchcombe where D5939 is reversing a ballast train into the yard...

We close there as the crew decide to take advantage of the stop by topping up the water...

The End

With thanks to Frank Carver for this route, to all providers of the stock and to all at the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway for their work.

I'm off to the Somerset & Dorset !

Dave

Return to “[MSTS1] Screenshots”