Lake Geneva

Screenshots of MSTS and assorted related tools in action!

Moderator: Moderators

peacockg
Established Forum Member

Lake Geneva

Post by peacockg »

Some views of my route along the north shore of Lake Geneva. I started at Montreux (towards the eastern end) in February 2013, but abandonned this when the RE crashes became too frequent. I then moved to the west and constructed from Geneva airport through Geneva and into further problems, RE refused to save after modifying the route!! With the help of RouteRiter I found I had over 3000 objects in some tiles!! Reducing this number a bit has solved the problem at both ends of the route so I now building westward from my original Montruex route. About 18km of route finished, another 90km or so to go and I will be able to join the 2 sections.

2 views of the station Tour de Peilz near Vevey

Click the image to zoom in

Seven views around the station at Vevey

Garry
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Lake Geneva

Post by michaelhendle »

Hi Gary
Looking really good and it will be nice to have a new continental route for MSTS look forward to getting it when it comes out,just wondering if there would be problems getting swiss stock for msts these days
Mike
peacockg
Established Forum Member

Post by peacockg »

Hi Mike
There is a lot of Swiss material, routes and rolling stock, at the train.de
Look at the Bodensee route and the Sudostbahn
Garry
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Post by michaelhendle »

Thanks for the link I will have a look there.

Mike
peacockg
Established Forum Member

Post by peacockg »

The route along the shore passes by large areas of vineyard, and this is something I have struggled with for some time. Frank Carver's (emufarmer) has produced a great object, but for my purposes it is rather on the small side. I tried lining the foreground with these, while using a terrain texture in the background, but I was not happy with the result.
My latest effort is to make my own vineyard. The images show 3 of my first efforts, about a quarter of a terrain square. I have used Frank's vine texture for the rows of vines, but for some reason my objects are much darker than his original in the foreground. The background shows my earlier efforts at making a vineyard terrain texture, which I will hopefully be able to cover with some even larger objects.

Garry
peacockg
Established Forum Member

Post by peacockg »

Is MSTS dead? A question from the forums. And there it asked for more screenshots. So here are 3 views from Lausanne looking east. This is an area that I am playing with at the moment, just having placed the buildings groups on the left this afternoon. Still a lot to do. I am itching to start laying track out of Lausanne station to the west, fun. But I am sticking with my objective of completing the scenery to the east first.

Garry

Return to “[MSTS1] Screenshots”