Climbing Snowdon.

Screenshots of MSTS and assorted related tools in action!

Moderator: Moderators

kieranhardy
Very Active Forum Member

Climbing Snowdon.

Post by kieranhardy »

Cheers,
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Re: Climbing Snowdon.

Post by dforrest »

Kieran, which .eng and .wag files did you use, the ones in the stock pack or the ones I emailed you?
David
kieranhardy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by kieranhardy »

dforrest wrote:Kieran, which .eng and .wag files did you use, the ones in the stock pack or the ones I emailed you?
Hi David,

Both were the ones you sent me, though I do admit it's so difficult to stay within the 5 mph at times. I've not yet tried to descend, am I right in saying it will be continuously applying brakes and releasing or having the brakes partly on and opening the regulator as and when?

Cheers,
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member

Post by dforrest »

kieranhardy wrote:
dforrest wrote:Kieran, which .eng and .wag files did you use, the ones in the stock pack or the ones I emailed you?
Hi David,

Both were the ones you sent me, though I do admit it's so difficult to stay within the 5 mph at times. I've not yet tried to descend, am I right in saying it will be continuously applying brakes and releasing or having the brakes partly on and opening the regulator as and when?

Cheers,
Your description of how I was able to descend (with difficulrty) is correct. I would be interested in hearing how you get on.

---------------------
David
David
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member

Post by dforrest »

dforrest wrote:
kieranhardy wrote:
Hi David,

Cheers,
Your description of how I was able to descend (with difficulrty) is correct. I would be interested in hearing how you get on.

---------------------
David
Have you been able to descend yet?

---------------
David
David
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Lovely pictures!
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
kieranhardy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by kieranhardy »

dforrest wrote:Have you been able to descend yet?

---------------
David
Hi David,

Not had the chance to test it yet,

Though the other night I did check the stock and strangely trainstore is listing something that doesn't quite make sense to me!

The locomotive 'SMR 5 Moel Siabod'. For the shots I of course used the green one named Snowdon, but couldn't find this locomotive in my selection. For whatever reason under SMR 5 Moel Siabod I have two consists, one with the black locomotive (assuming that is the correct one) and one with the green Snowdon. Have to admit I've never had this occur before as I'm sure these are in separate folders?
kieranhardy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by kieranhardy »

To add to this, I'm just trying going down from 'halfway'. It does seem that it is a rather stop start sort of affair. I have the reverser set to 50 with the brakes on 15 inch. It is however a case of constantly opening and shutting the regulator on this type of method though. This method makes it impossible to stay under 5mph completely though but does stop the erratic high speeds.
lateagain
Very Active Forum Member

Post by lateagain »

Nice shots Kieran. Good to see screengrabs that show the route detail rather than just the train?

One comment would be that the ground textures higher up look rather dark? Snowdon is actually quite green. Almost looks volcanic in these shots.

Watching the progress with the physics with interest.

Geoff

Return to “[MSTS1] Screenshots”