G2CV4 Progress shots

Screenshots of MSTS and assorted related tools in action!

Moderator: Moderators

dee4141
Very Active Forum Member

Re: G2CV4 Progress shots

Post by dee4141 »

Super model of Central Station, Niall! The route seems to be coming along nicely.. :D
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

dee4141 wrote:Super model of Central Station, Niall! The route seems to be coming along nicely.. :D
Thanks Danny!
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

steamnut44 wrote:
NiallGray wrote:
Thank you.

In answer to your question it is 'NO' for 2 reasons.

1) Certain permissions prohibit being on DVDs.

& 2) It adds so more time to development. We've been testing the route fully as we go along and once the final bits are complete, a final test will not take too long. If I had to do acts and stock for a DVD this would add considerable time, time I don't have. Plus it'd then need to go to UKTS, be checked and sorted, adding more time.

I'm sticking to what I did for V3. Route only upload, adds and stock to follow.

Niall
That is fair comment Niall and I agree with you. Could you list what items of stock will be required to download, to run on V4, in a Readme File, when you upload the route. Will make it easier when compiling a stock pack to run on it?
Thank you.
The list is too extensive to write it all down, I've tried! Plus on some older acts, the stock comes entirely from commercial add-ons.

As I've said many times, the route is set in carmine/cream era, but my acts cover every era from BR Blue to modern day, which over a 40-year+ period means a LOT of different stock! :o

I find the way I upload acts at present is that the layout on the screen gives the downloader all the info they need. Not only are the stock requirements listed on-screen but I use the add-related files feature so you can quickly download what you need. The other good thing about using that feature is that if for example you went to download my SPT 303s, you will immediately be able to find what other acts that unit is used in.

The only thing I will be doing differently this time around is I'm planning a batch of acts in one pack, to go up at the same time as the route. These acts are all modern day and all of them use the same stock. Once the stock items are downloaded, people will be able to get on and run any of those acts.

Niall
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

A couple of random shots from testing acts/environment files this morning.

A 314 waits to go on a Cathcart Circle service (the 314 was released before bin patch, hence no rear lights.)

A 320 sits in Duke Street station on a service to Dalmuir.
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Doing some more testing ahead of sending an update to the testing team and took an opportunity to update my NG22 act for V4 (All I needed to do was amend two paths).

Here's a few shots around Glasgow Central.

dee4141
Very Active Forum Member

Post by dee4141 »

Lovely work, well done Niall....and sundaypm! :D
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Thanks Danny. It's amazing to look back and realise how far we've come in this journey from the original route.

V1

Click the image to zoom in

V2

V3

edfurness
Getting the hang of things now

Post by edfurness »

Yes, truly amazing! Keep up the great work Niall.

Ed.
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Thanks Ed. :) I'll try!
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

21st and final station, Howwood.

NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

A few screengrabs from acts I've been working on (all re-worked V3 acts).

gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gswindale »

Nice work Niall :D

I really should download and run some of these activities!

Looking forward to v4.
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Thanks Geoffrey.

The first two pics are from my Carstairs Run act in the EH2 Actpack.
 Click to view more informationEH2 Three Acts for Glasgow - Carlisle V4 [39180 bytes] - EH2 Glasgow Carlisle V4 acts.zip
File ID: 17489 Date: 17 Jan 2015 - 1922 Downloads

The third pic is just some AI from a Cathcart Circle act.
 Click to view more informationNG21 Cathcart Circle (Outer) [11055 bytes] - NG21CathcartCircleOuter.zip
File ID: 27767 Date: 08 Aug 2015 - 372 Downloads

The fourth is again from the EH2 Act pack, this time a Carlisle-Glasgow express.

And the last one is one of the few non-passenger acts I've done and a personal favourite.
 Click to view more informationNG08 Engineering Move [13966 bytes] - NG08 Engineering Move.zip
File ID: 15654 Date: 27 Dec 2014 - 1136 Downloads

My advice is wait for V4 to be finished and then run them. The new scenery makes a huge difference and I will be uploading new versions of the above as quickly as I can after the route release.
barrybryce01475
Well Established Forum Member

Post by barrybryce01475 »

As ever, it looks wonderful!
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Thanks Barry :)

Return to “[MSTS1] Screenshots”