G2CV4 Progress shots

Screenshots of MSTS and assorted related tools in action!

Moderator: Moderators

NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Re: G2CV4 Progress shots

Post by NiallGray »

Hi,

Yes, I have considered it and been asked a good few times, but no, I wouldn't do it. It's too much work and if I'm brutually honest, I'm just not interested.

If you think about it, it's not just station signs, but lamposts, footbridges, road/rail bridges, shelters and all the custom station buildings as well. Then you have to repaint each texture three times to include snow and night textures as well. It would amount to a good few hundred textures.

A few people have been in touch in the past offering to repaint textures but when they find out how many there are to do, it's usually the last I hear from them on the matter. Plus, I'd want to check every texture change before it would be approved. Sundaypm did a wonderful job on the stations, last thing I want is a poor re-paint of them.

My preferred era is the BR days, I grew up with 303s/311s and Blue/Blue-Grey ruling the roost on the network, but I don't have a problem running BR era acts on it with Carmine signage. The route was set in Carmine era before I took it on, so I kept to that as otherwise would mean doing so many track changes.

I'd love the route to be set in BR days, but it's not, I accept that and am happy with it.

Niall
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
model321
Very Active Forum Member
Location: On the Manchester & Leeds Railway (The Calder Valley Line)

Post by model321 »

Hi Niall

I agree with what you say. It is more than just changing the station signs, and the amount of time involved to do an era changer would be very long, along with the effort needed as well. Like you have said, just because the route is set in the SPT Carmine and Cream era, it doesn't stop anyone from making or running BR era activities on the route.

Matt
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

A modified Greenock West

The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
tluamiani1
Established Forum Member

Post by tluamiani1 »

Hello Niall - this is looking great.

I'm particularly interested as I'm working on creating a route in TS2014 that covers much of the same area!
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

While that sim doesn't interest me, I think the idea of creating a route to join onto WCML North is a great idea and if you complete it, it will be very popular.

I wish you all the best in your efforts.
alexf380
New to the Forums

Post by alexf380 »

Hi Niall,
Loving the look of the route! Whilst I don't play MSTS I think you're doing a cracking job for those who do.
I particularly like the detail you put into your stations, and the custom buildings that have been created. I was wondering if you would be happy to allow me to convert those for use in the Auran/N3V Trainz simulator. I'm currently creating a Strathclyde area route for that and i think it would be great if your buildings were featured on there, just to add a sense of realism. I'd say PM me with a yes or no but I'm not sure how PM's work on this forum :oops:

Thanks in advance,
Alex
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Sorry, but at this moment in time, I shall have to decline permissions.

The custom items are made mostly by other people, some of whom I know won't give permission for it to appear anywhere, as that was one of the conditions of allowing them in my route to start with. Others are hard to get hold of now, one I know has left the scene altogether.

I've got too much on my plate at the moment to go chasing them either.

Perhaps later down the line, once the route is done and dusted, I'll have time to get in touch with the contributers.

Niall
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

The Johnstone/Elderslie extension is just about complete. Johnstone needs a little more work as I had to add some track to the route because AI trains were disappearing in sight of the station.

Johnstone (Other side of station is not quite yet complete)

Elderslie

Rickloader's gas holder marked the previous end of the line.

Coming into Paisley.
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Duke Street, on a winter's morning.
gswindale
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gswindale »

Very nice :grin:
Geoffrey Swindale.
Truth is rarely pure, and never simple.
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

gswindale wrote:Very nice :grin:
Thanks. Winter scenes I think are much better in V4 than they were in V3, which I'm really pleased about.

Niall
aj52mdy
Well Established Forum Member

Post by aj52mdy »

Hi Niall.
Now thats what I call real snow, a very nice screenshot as well.
Looking forward to getting this route.
Cheers
Andy
Andy Moody West Moors Dorset. On the Old Road (Lymington Jn-Broadstone closed 1964)
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Thanks Andy.

Just waiting for Sundaypm to finish off what he's doing around Glasgow Central (folk are going to love it!) and then I can get onto those tiles and finish it off.

How long that is, I don't know, so no-one ask!
cardean
Well Established Forum Member

Post by cardean »

Okay then Niall I won't ask :D

The route is looking oh so good, despite being the wrong era.......... :)

John.
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

I am working on a pre-grouping version of the route, codenamed 'Inyerdreamspal!'

Return to “[MSTS1] Screenshots”