MT Source files

General MSTS related discussion that doesn't really fit into any of the other specific forums.

Moderator: Moderators

MattT93
Getting the hang of things now

Re: MT Source files

Post by MattT93 »

Do you have any plans to add additional liveries to any of the base packs like you have done in the HST pack? :D
j3801
Been on the forums for a while

Post by j3801 »

MattT93 wrote:Do you have any plans to add additional liveries to any of the base packs like you have done in the HST pack? :D
I shall neither deny or confirm those ideas. :D
There are plans in place for some future work with certain add-ons, but as for whom eventually realizes the ideas is up in the air.

As I said before, watch this space! :D

Justin
j3801

Post by j3801 »

And Coming out now is the 11th release:

The First Great Western Class 57 pack.

Available now through the TSSH Download site: https://tsshonline.weebly.com/

Regards,
Justin
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi All,
One of the current packs we are looking at re-releasing is the Virgin Trains Class 47 Stock Pack (BLC7). We have the basepack, but are short of the add-on pack, which contains 8 VT-liveried locos. If anyone can help, please contact me by PM or email - Many thanks :)

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
johnbarron
Established Forum Member

Post by johnbarron »

Ged,

Do you have an approximate date when the add-on pack was released? I most likely have it on a back-up cd and an approximate date would help me to find it.

Regards,

John.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi John,
Many thanks for your reply :)

It appears that the BLC7 add-on liveries pack was dated 12 Dec 2011 - the file size is 6151KB. I've got this from the archived MT website on Wayback Machine.
Also on the same page was a pack of EH2 InterCity and Virgin Trains Mk2f passenger coaches, but I believe they are still available from the UKTS library.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
johnbarron
Established Forum Member

Post by johnbarron »

Ged,

You have an email.

John.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi John,
Many thanks - will be in touch :)

Cheers,
Ged
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi All,
The response from the Community to my plea has been great - many thanks, fellas :) No names, but you know who you are!!

I have received two copies of the 'missing' Class 47 add-on VT liveries pack, plus the pack of ICS and VT Mk2F coaches (which was on the same Making Tracks webpage) together with a copy of the original basepack.

I can't give a re-release date for this pack, but can say it'll be appreciably sooner than it might have been!!

Cheers,
Ged
j3801

Post by j3801 »

And Coming out now is the 12th release:

The Virgin Tains Class 47 pack.

This pack contains the following engines:

This pack also contains the Virgin Trains and Intercity Mk2 coaches that were originally released to accompany these engines.

Regards,
Justin
j3801

Post by j3801 »

Hi Guys,

It has been mentioned that if you check the latest upload (the Virgin Trains Class 47 pack) with Route Riter that it reports an error with the c57fans.sd and Dirver_Joe.sd files. It has been discovered that the files are not in Unicode format. However, this does not cause any issues with either MSTS or OR.

I have decided to go ahead and patch the offending files by re-saving them as Unicode format.
I have uploaded to the TSSH file hosting site the amended v1.1 files as well as a patch update for anyone who has the previous version so that you don’t need to redownload everything.

These files do not enhance or change the engines in anyway, so if you don’t use Route Riter for checking, or if you are just uncomfortable with applying the patch (which is a self-installer which will automatically put the files into the right location for you), then you d not need to use the patch.

Regards,
Justin
j3801

Post by j3801 »

Hi Guys,

It has been mentioned that the previously mentioned fault with Route Riter (that it reports an error with the c57fans.sd and Dirver_Joe.sd files) is also applicable to the previously released FGW 57 Class pack.

I have decided to go ahead and patch the offending files by re-saving them as Unicode format.
I have uploaded to the TSSH file hosting site the amended v1.1 files for the 57s as well as a patch update for the 57s for anyone who has the previous version so that you don’t need to redownload everything.

These files do not enhance or change the engines in anyway, so if you don’t use Route Riter for checking, or if you are just uncomfortable with applying the patch (which is a self-installer which will automatically put the files into the right location for you), then you d not need to use the patch.

Regards,
Justin
j3801

Post by j3801 »

Hi All,

Just to update the updates…
It has been revealed that the 57 3d cabview .sd files have the same coding problem.
This has now been corrected and the files updated again to v1.1a.
Ged has kindly pointed out that the 3d 57 cabview is also present in the 47 collection, this has been removed, there are no other changes to these files.

In other news:
Unfortunately my main computer has just decided that it didn’t like its version of Windows 10 anymore and completely spat its dummy. :roll:
I have installed an older version of Windows 10 to get it up and running to back up the data from its main hard drive, but it needs to be on a newer version of 10 to properly operate.

Hopefully I can get this sorted out within 2 weeks as I am working full time at 38hrs/week, and my commute is 2hrs/day meaning I have very little free time save for my days off.

I still have my laptop working, so I can do a limited amount of MSTS work, but simulator testing and model work is out until everything is back up and running again.

Regards,
Justin
j3801

Post by j3801 »

And Coming out now is the 13th release:

The BREL Class 90 pack.

This pack contains all 50 members of the class as well as a few of the special liveried versions.

Regards,
Justin
j3801

Post by j3801 »

And Coming out now is the 14th release:

The Thumper upgrade pack.

The team, with Alec Ralph (rufuskins) taking the lead on this project, is working on a modification of the “Thumpers” (Classes 201 to 207) contained in the Making Tracks project files. There is quite a lot of work to do and the release will likely be some time off.

As an interim measure, Bob Latimer has modified the Class 201, 205 and 207 Thumpers that were included with Making Tracks’ London & South East route. The modifications include adding a cabview to suitably-modified rear units and balancing power levels so that the consists can be driven from either end.

Note that these files have the same file names as the originals and will therefore overwrite them.

Regards,
Justin

Return to “[MSTS1] General MSTS Discussion”