'June is MSTS Month' - a personal thank you...

General MSTS related discussion that doesn't really fit into any of the other specific forums.

Moderator: Moderators

NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

'June is MSTS Month' - a personal thank you...

Post by NiallGray »

(This post is on its own as I did not want it to get lost in the main thread.)

I just want to say a big thanks to everyone who has taken part this month.

When I suggested this idea, I never imagined the response it would get. Not just in the number of uploads, but the sheer variety of them. I challenge any forum member not to have seen something worth downloading during this time.

The idea came about because I wanted to do something to show there was still life in the old dog, and that despite there being other newer sims, MSTS still has a lot to offer. I got fed up with posts about MSTS being dead, the lack of new uploads, and I wanted to challenge that way of thinking.

Thankfully, a lot of you must have felt the same way and the results have been amazing. The upload numbers were far higher than I dared hope for.

What I hope now are that those uploads help generate new content creation. Perhaps the new route additions and/or stock encourage you to write an act, or maybe the new scenery additions inspire you to try route building. Some of our members, new and old, are trying out various forms of content creation at the moment and that can only be a good thing.

To those of you who wanted to take part, but were unable to contribute in time, keep plugging away and upload when you're ready. We look forward to them.

Finally, I ask a favour of you. If you've downloaded something that you've really enjoyed, please take the time to drop the contributor a quick 'thank you' note. You can post on a thread, PM them or even leave comments on their uploads. It's the efforts of the community as a whole who made this idea work and a quick thanks to the authors will mean a lot. It doesn't have to be something uploaded in June, it can be anything you download.

Thanks again to you all, it's been great. :D

Niall
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Re: 'June is MSTS Month' - a personal thank you...

Post by michaelhendle »

Hi
I also would like to add my thanks as some really fine locomotives and stock, for most of them will be very useful for me,some road vehicles from the Doc,and unusual ones at that the tree lopper and mobile canteen,2 updated routes,and some activities as well.
a big thanks to all of you

Michael Hendle
PeterPeddlesden
Atomic Systems Team
Atomic Systems Team

Post by PeterPeddlesden »

On behalf of the greater SILENT majority of the MSTS Community I would add our thanks to Niall for the Idea, Concept and making "June is MSTS Month" happen.
I would also add many thanks to all those who uploaded the myriad of items covering the widest range of product.
bruce2003
Getting the hang of things now

Post by bruce2003 »

I just want to echo what has been said here. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to the MSTS library we all enjoy.

Cheers

Bruce
terrycunliffe
Very Active Forum Member
Location: Back in the padded cell, however, I did manage to smuggle a full bottle in with me!

Post by terrycunliffe »

From what I've seen up to now, and together with what I know is in the pipeline, I think that "2013 is MSTS year" :)

T
Virtual Navvy for North West England & Metrolink.

Two rules to get you through life: If it's stuck and it's not supposed to be, WD-40 it. If it's not stuck and it's supposed to be, gorilla glue it.
antbruckner
Getting the hang of things now

Post by antbruckner »

Well done everybody that contributed and a special thanks to Niall for getting the concept off the ground.
cougar25
Well Established Forum Member

Post by cougar25 »

Hi Everyone!
Well that was a fantastic idea by Niall! Thankyou so much to everyone who contributed! That was a fantastic success! Okay I didn't manage to get my Hastings DEMU done in time, it is almost there, but I did manage to get a reskin of one of Dave's Bulleids as 34056 'Croydon'. I've just finished another one too.
So what's up your sleeve next then Niall? It seems to give all of us a push to get something out for everyone for every era.
Cheers
Andy
NiallGray
Very Active Forum Member

Post by NiallGray »

Cheers guys.
cougar25 wrote: So what's up your sleeve next then Niall? It seems to give all of us a push to get something out for everyone for every era.
Nothing. My aim now is to get back to completing my route and that's where my efforts will be concentrated, especially as I'm now going to be out of the country a fair bit this summer and time will limited.

HOWEVER, while discussing with Alec about future ideas, we did think about a themed month and I jokingly came up with "Actober", a play on activities and the month of October.

It's something that could work. We've already had Thames Trent and updated versions of Woodhead,BrisCard and Crosby Valley etc this year. Mideast Plus is finally about to join us and there could also be the next versions of NWE and Glas-Car by then.

How it could work, I don't know, but it's something that someone could take and expand on. Me, I just want to finish Glas-Car V4...
The Class 303/311 pack - 26 EMUs for MSTS/OR covering every era of these iconic Clyde-based units. From Caley Blue to Carmine and Cream!
Available now on UKTS - File 34622
dforrest
Very Active Forum Member
Location: St. Vincent and the Grenadines (and in an earlier life, Hull)

Post by dforrest »

NiallGray wrote:We've already had Thames Trent and updated versions of Woodhead,BrisCard and Crosby Valley etc this year. Mideast Plus is finally about to join us and there could also be the next versions of NWE and Glas-Car by then.
Don't forget the "semaphore" version of Thames Mersey.
David

Return to “[MSTS1] General MSTS Discussion”