Looking for a coupling adapter wagon

General MSTS related discussion that doesn't really fit into any of the other specific forums.

Moderator: Moderators

lather
Getting the hang of things now

Looking for a coupling adapter wagon

Post by lather »

Recently, while browsing various MSTS download sites to pass the time, I came across a coupling adapter wagon that someone had created, which was modeled as a basic short-wheelbase flat with buffers and a chain coupling at one end and an auto coupling at the other, with a wag file to match. I didn't download it at the time, but I wish I had, as it would be quite useful for an activity I'm working on at the moment.

The problem is that I can't remember where I saw it, and haven't been able to find it by re-searching some of the main sites. I know it may be a long shot, but can anyone tell me where it is? (And yes, I know about the invisiwag-based coupling adapters, but I want a proper wagon that looks the part and can maybe have a freight animation added.)
MS302

Re: Looking for a coupling adapter wagon

Post by MS302 »

Take any wagon of your choice and in the "coupling" statement,make one automatic and the other chain.Remember,the rear coupling is defined by the first "coupling" staement.You will find some good coupling files over at Trainsim.com
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi,
I KNOW this is an MSTS Forum, but if lather is using Open Rails, I believe it only uses one coupling parameter and doesn't recognise the difference between chain and automatic.

Just my twopen'orth :)

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
MS302

Post by MS302 »

No problem,Jed,it is a pity that OR doesn't use the same coupling statement as MSTS.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

It does, mate, but only uses one! If there are two, it uses the second,

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.

Return to “[MSTS1] General MSTS Discussion”