Route Riter XP Java Issues

General MSTS related discussion that doesn't really fit into any of the other specific forums.

Moderator: Moderators

SBRELSFORD
New to the Forums

Route Riter XP Java Issues

Post by SBRELSFORD »

Dear all,

I am currently trying to get Route Riter working on Windows XP and tried to get the Java installation working, but I have run into a problem: Java no longer supports XP so the computer is having none of it. Does anyone know of any XP-compatible downloads or another way to solve the problem?

Thanks
coolhand101
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Route Riter XP Java Issues

Post by coolhand101 »

I am still on XP. In order for java to run correctly, I installed a version that still support XP. I use jre-8u152-windows-i586. That is the exact application filename. Do a search and find a valid website to download. Always scan older files before installing!

Thanks
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi,
The Java website indicates that the latest version of Java can still be installed and run under XP although there's no guarantee that it will work properly. I don't think this should matter to how Route_Riter uses it.
As you're running XP, make sure you download the correct offline version - they come as 32 and 64bit versions.

An extra question - which version of Route_Riter are you using? I highly recommend Mike Simpson's last version, 7.6.26, over any later version.

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
lather
Getting the hang of things now

Post by lather »

Whenever I start RR, I always get a pop-up warning about needing to have Java installed (I have an older version of Java installed that works on XP - version 7 update 76). Despite that, RR seems to work fine for what I use it for, which is mainly checking activities to make sure I have all of the stock required.
MS302

Post by MS302 »

Try using Convoi,you can substitute consists and static wagons and locos with it.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Post by slipperman12 »

Hi,
Try using Convoi,you can substitute consists and static wagons and locos with it.
... but it doesn't do half of what Route_Riter does!!

@lather : As far as I am aware, Java is only required when running the utilities from the TSUtils tab

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-4690K (3.5Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z97P-D3 m/b, 12GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GTX 750ti (2GB) graphics card, Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 10 Pro 64-bit.
MS302

Post by MS302 »

Yes,I know,Ged,but for this particular problem,it is ideal.I also have RR but always use Convoi for sorting out activities I have downloaded.

Return to “[MSTS1] General MSTS Discussion”