Coras Iompair Eireann (CIE)

Moderator: Moderators

cossy52
New to the Forums

Coras Iompair Eireann (CIE)

Post by cossy52 »

I will be looking for CIE livery when I get Rail Simulator installed over the next week
Or maybe even Luas/arrow Livery

Anybody thinking of doing bray to howth routes ???
IarnrodEireann082
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Coras Iompair Eireann (CIE)

Post by IarnrodEireann082 »

depending on how the tools that are coming out for rail simulator i might give creating a DART or irish stock a go! and a cabview to go with it!
Last edited by IarnrodEireann082 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Regards,

Iarnród Éireann 082

Irish Railways and Buses
popol
Well Established Forum Member

Post by popol »

Hi

It sounds great!

I'll perhaps try to give a go to a fictional Irish route... Just have to try the route editor before!

Cheers

Paul
cherryville
Getting the hang of things now

Post by cherryville »

Hi, I have started to build Waterford to Kilkenny. I laid the track yesterday and finally got to drive it this evening. From knowing the line very well, some of the curve diagrams I have are a bit out in places but it fairly recognizable in others. None of the scenery has been done yet apart from crossing gates in the correct places and Waterford and Thomastown stations. Kilkenny is just a buffer stop at the minute and Ballyhale loop needs building.

I have not managed to import the terrain data using the workaround method and this attempt is just a practice for when the dev tools are released. I will be using ordnance survey maps to cross reference height data as at the minute Kilkenny Station is 45 meters higher than Waterford. I don't know whether this is correct it's just the way it's ended up from the gradient diagrams.

When I do the route for real I will have to decide whether to lay it in 4 8 1/2 or the Irish gauge. Apparently this will be an option. This will take into account if other people are building Irish stock at 5ft 3 gauge, as maybe out of gauge stock won't run ??

Mick.
popol
Well Established Forum Member

Post by popol »

Hi

This sounds good.

Concerning the gauge, I think the standard gauge is a better option. When stock will need to be built, Mk2 coaches could be made by just reskinning an English Mk2, saving the work of redoing a whole model.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Paul
cherryville
Getting the hang of things now

Post by cherryville »

Hi Paul. That's a very good point......hadn't thought of that.

Mick.
irishrail123
Been on the forums for a while

Post by irishrail123 »

so did anyone did anything ??
its a big quiet in the ireland forum :P
bigvern
Chief Track Welder

Post by bigvern »

irishrail123 wrote:so did anyone did anything ??
its a big quiet in the ireland forum :P
Most people are now developing in RW. I suggested some time ago that all the regional forums were switched across to that section instead of the largely defunct RS, but seemed to fall on stony ground.

Return to “[RS] Ireland”