Modify Inputmapper

Rail Simulator brings full and high detail 3D cabs to Train Simulation (though by no means the first to do so). Instead of using 2D images you can now create detailed 3D cabs with fully animated controls, here's the place to learn how.

Moderator: Moderators

millerioux
Getting the hang of things now

Modify Inputmapper

Post by millerioux »

Quest for my project
http://www.railsim-fr.com/forum/index.p ... topic=1314

For my Cabine, how to substitute the Default_StopGo Inputmapper by mymodel_StopGo Inputmapper ?
Thank you for your Answer

Patrick
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Modify Inputmapper

Post by emrhd01 »

Hi Patrick and welcome to the Forum,

I'm afraid my French is not good enough to fully understand all that is in your link, but that is a very nice SNCF 'Electric' loco you have built there.

From the pictures I gather you have 'cracked' the headlight problem and built your Loco with forward track 'Illumination'. :crazyeyes: That is something our friends over the 'Pond' have been complaining about the lack of since the first release of the US Rail Simulator.

Thanks for giving us an insight into what you are up to on the other side of the 'Channel' and sharing it with us.
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
davveb
Established Forum Member

Post by davveb »

Patrick

There's a bug/feature where input mappers only seem to be recognised if they are in the Kuju/RailSimulatorCore/InputMappers asset directory. Don't forget to delete the railsimulatorcore blueprints.pak file.

Dave B
millerioux

Post by millerioux »

Thank you, davveb
OK, but where to indicate my file in Engine Blueprint ? the line "stopgo remapper" (after Bogey) is ineffective :(
I tried :
InputMappers\2d2_pml3_StopGo.xml
or
kuju\RailSimulatorCore\InputMappers\2d2_pml3_StopGo.xml
.... unsuccessfully ....

My unique success : replace the "default_StopGo.xml" by my file renammed default_StopGo.xml.
pas terrible !
What is the solution ?

Patrick
davveb
Established Forum Member

Post by davveb »

Patrick

This is another quirk of the blueprints that also caught me out. The mapper field in the engine blueprint (the three options for stop/go, intermediate and expert) needs to contain the "remapper name" from within the mapper blueprint, not the xml filename of the blueprint itself.

Dave B
millerioux

Post by millerioux »

Thank you very much, Dave,
It is so much simpler to put only the name of my file "2d2_pml3_StopGo", without Path :o
Blueprint is more complicated usually :wink:
Perfect Result !

Patrick

Return to “[RS] Cab View Creation”