Control animation problem

Rail Simulator brings full and high detail 3D cabs to Train Simulation (though by no means the first to do so). Instead of using 2D images you can now create detailed 3D cabs with fully animated controls, here's the place to learn how.

Moderator: Moderators

LordMannu
Been on the forums for a while

Control animation problem

Post by LordMannu »

Hi all.
I´m working on an update of my EMD F7. In cab view, at some camera angles, the control levers disapear (near to the screen edge) To solve that I apply a reset X-form (I´m working in max) and re export everything again. Now the levers are visible all the time, but the levers move all together! If I apply the brakes, all levers move. If I change the direction, all levers move, even the wipers!
I export each animation independently.
Any one can help me?
RSderek
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Control animation problem

Post by RSderek »

Hi,
Every animated object needs to be exported on it's own and saved in it's ai file.

Hide everything in the scene except the lever/button/nob you want to export.
then save as an aimation file.
Do that for each animated object.

regards

Derek
To contact me email support@railsimulator.com, not here.
So long, and thanks for all the fish.
http://dereksiddle.blogspot.com/
LordMannu

Post by LordMannu »

I do it in that way, Derek. I export every objet on it´s own and save it as ai file. I hide every lever except the one I want to export.
In the first F7 version the levers work well. Before the Reset X form all messed up.
peterholton
Well Established Forum Member

Post by peterholton »

Do you have all your animated controls linked to a common object? Because that's the sort of thing that happens when you reset Xforms on linked objects. Remove all the links and ensure the heirarchy is flat, then reset xform on each control individually.

Peter
LordMannu

Post by LordMannu »

I do not remember now, I´ll take a look later
Thanks Peter
LordMannu

Post by LordMannu »

Nope, I have no links.

3DTrains
Very Active Forum Member

Post by 3DTrains »

I'm having basically the same issue with my gauges, which need to be set 30-degrees from horizontal. Each needle is exported separately, but all have the same behavior as the first container item listed in the Engine Blueprint control values section, which happens to be the ampmeter.

Everything worked fine at first, but I noted that the animations had the incorrect controller (Euler vs Linear), which caused them to set at odd angles at full rotation (they did appear to function normally otherwise, however). When I replaced the controller to the proper Linear type (Rotation), exported again each object (with others hidden), exported the files from the Asset Editor to RS and then viewed it in the sim, everything animated perfectly, but all gauges take on the properties of the ampmeter! Yeech! :-?

FWIW, there's no hierarchy present. The assigned controller uses the default "Param1", and I can add new ones, but I'm not clear as to where I can make changes to these items once created (I didn't see any difference anyway - just shooting in the dark).
Cheers!
Marc - 3DTrains

Return to “[RS] Cab View Creation”