Prairie Cab

Rail Simulator brings full and high detail 3D cabs to Train Simulation (though by no means the first to do so). Instead of using 2D images you can now create detailed 3D cabs with fully animated controls, here's the place to learn how.

Moderator: Moderators

metrobus
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Prairie Cab

Post by metrobus »

Brilliant work karma. I used it earlier and i was very impressed :D just one small observation, the brake operates the other way on great western engines like so :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjNuWE1M ... annel_page
stuart666
Very Active Forum Member

Post by stuart666 »

An excellent cab, it really adds to the experience of driving GWR tank engines. I hope you might consider a Collet cab done along the same lines?
karma99
Very Active Forum Member

Post by karma99 »

Thanks for the info chaps, I've added it to my list of fixes/changes, which I might get around to doing eventually :D
Taking a break from building anything at the moment but I won't rule out a Collet cab at a later date - I did the Prairie as I thought we desperately needed a tank engine cab that wasn't the IOW Invincible to go with Kev's great models. The Black 5 cab isn't ideal, but at least the Collet has a tender to stop the driver and fireman falling out :wink:

Next models are going to be something a lot simpler (in comparision to the cab!) and as I've got hold of a book of GWR rolling stock plans some wagons seem in order.
Links: Shop <> Blog <> Facebook
kirkheath
Very Active Forum Member

Post by kirkheath »

karma99 wrote:Thanks for the info chaps, I've added it to my list of fixes/changes, which I might get around to doing eventually :D
Taking a break from building anything at the moment but I won't rule out a Collet cab at a later date - I did the Prairie as I thought we desperately needed a tank engine cab that wasn't the IOW Invincible to go with Kev's great models. The Black 5 cab isn't ideal, but at least the Collet has a tender to stop the driver and fireman falling out :wink:

Next models are going to be something a lot simpler (in comparision to the cab!) and as I've got hold of a book of GWR rolling stock plans some wagons seem in order.
Good to hear particularly if they are at similar detail to the cab, don't forget the huge stocklist of drawings on the GWR site, I am trying to get the hang of modeling but its way too much for my head dunno how to approach it really
Member of DMLL. Owners of 7820,3850, 3845 and 2874

Return to “[RS] Cab View Creation”