Saving Edited Scenario

Free-play scenarios let you do whatever you want, but with the developer tools you can access additional facilities that let you add AI trains and set your player train more tasks to achieve.

Moderator: Moderators

spladger
New to the Forums

Saving Edited Scenario

Post by spladger »

Hi all,
I've had several 'save' failures recently on one of my scenario creations while try to edit it. After using F2 to save, I get the dreaded frozen screen. This is what comes up in the error report.

ERROR: Expected a Network:: c3WayPatternSave, got a NetWork:: cTurnoutSave
FILE: ../API\core/cFxException.h
LINE: 113

Anyone know what this means please?

Regards Spladger.
jamespetts
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Saving Edited Scenario

Post by jamespetts »

It means, I think, that the game is too broken to cope with your scenario. It's a known permutation of the deeply flawed pathing engine's many failures.
James E. Petts
CaptScarlet
Very Active Forum Member

Post by CaptScarlet »

What you could try is removing the last services you added and see if one of them is the cause of the crash as it is more likely that if you have a problem like this the culprit is going to be the last changes you made to the scenario.

Have you added the -DriverList switch to the shortcut to allow you to see if reports that any services cant find a path ?

Can you tell us more about the details of the scenario and what you were trying to achieve ?

@jamespetts - How about giving some suggestions to avoid or track down a problem for once instead of trying to turn off people from even attempting to create scenarios with your sweeping statements, especially considering you don't even know anything about the scenario he was trying to make.

John
spladger
New to the Forums

Post by spladger »

Thanks very much for your responses. I will check things out as per your suggestions.

Regards Spladger.
choccy
Very Active Forum Member

Post by choccy »

I think you are most likely to get the error after you have used the preview on a reasonably complicated scenario. If you then save there is a severe risk of the save freezing. Several of us have mentioned this from the early days of Rail Simulator but it seems there has, as yet, been no fix for it. It is a very serious deficiency.

It has been suggested that if you can find a temporary.xml file for the scenario, and delete, it you will be able to save again. I haven't tried this myself as Rail Simulator is currently uninstalled, but its worth a go.

Mark

Return to “[RS] Scenario Creation”