IOW Class 483 To 1938 Tube Stock Cab

Rail Simulator brings full and high detail 3D cabs to Train Simulation (though by no means the first to do so). Instead of using 2D images you can now create detailed 3D cabs with fully animated controls, here's the place to learn how.

Moderator: Moderators

DarrenCarter
Well Established Forum Member

Re: IOW Class 483 To 1938 Tube Stock Cab

Post by DarrenCarter »

Just a quick update.
I now have all the controls and animations referenceable to the 483 bin file now working, buttons, gauges,wiper, handbrake lever etc.

Thanks to my good freind and fellow member of the Virtual District Line Team Jimi Ibbet (Dr Jimi) who has sent me a modded engine bin file and engine simulation bin file so the driving characteristics of the 483 will match the 1938 tube stock as regards to pressures and speeds.

One question i have for Adam or anyone else who may know is that no matter how long you make an animation it always gets exported as 16 frames so the whole animation always completes in about 1.6 seconds which is very unrealistic for releasing the handbrake when you have to unwind the tensioner, release the pawl and move the lever. Is there anyway of extending the animation beyond 1.6 seconds.

I need to create the shadow model now and fine tune the settings and we should be done.
Test on the glass alpha channel are ongoing.

I will also be animating other controls in the cab such as the control lever, the DBVIC lever, couple button and compressor start button which maybe used in future versions of the engine bin and engine simultion bin once we find a way of writing them in, to create a realistic opening and shutdown procedure for the 38TS.

Darren.
jtiffin

Post by jtiffin »

That is realy excellent.
DarrenCarter

Post by DarrenCarter »

Quick update on progress.
Here's a little video i put together.
You will have to ignore the sound because my tv capture card has developed a strange echo since XP service pack 3.
I'm running wrong way back to ride peir just to demonstrate the cab shadow model with the sun infront of you. Shame the sun comes through in the tunnels though.
I'm really disappointed with not been able to export a suitable glass alpha from 3DC for the windows.
Darren.
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseacti ... d=43236246
DarrenCarter

Post by DarrenCarter »

Just to let you all know I've uploaded the file to UKTS. Just waiting approval on file ID 19906.
Any issues/comments please leave in the Underground thread.
Darren.
overmarze
Very Active Forum Member

Post by overmarze »

Yay brillant looking forward to this :)

Many thanks. :D
DarrenCarter

Post by DarrenCarter »

BTW overmarze. This file will only take the 38 to about 50mph as per the original. If you need it to go faster just do what i said in the physics thread or if you get stuck I can do some modded files for you. Believe me, it isn't that difficult.
The next version will hopefully have a working FOR1 and FOR2 positions on the reverser plus weak field flag implementation but i haven't worked out how to do it yet although I have a few ideas to try.
Darren.
overmarze
Very Active Forum Member

Post by overmarze »

Yup will give it a try soon.

The cab still isnt uploaded yet :o
But the britanya is :o
jtiffin

Post by jtiffin »

I tried to download it and it didn't work.
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Post by ashgray »

jtiffin wrote:I tried to download it and it didn't work.
You'll need to give us much more information than this, Andrew, if you want us to help you solve this problem.... please tell us why it didn't work?

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2Ghz Quad Core, Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard, 2 x 512Gb SSDs + 1TB SATA drives,
16 Gb DDR-4 Corsair RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6Gb RAM, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 10 64 bit
overmarze
Very Active Forum Member

Post by overmarze »

Its working for me all you have to do is move the correct files to the correct places.

Theres a read me in the file :D
Sly401
Very Active Forum Member

Post by Sly401 »

Congrats on the release Darren...

Looks fantastic

All the Best

Paul ( Sly)
DarrenCarter

Post by DarrenCarter »

Thanks Guy's
Does anyone know if the files in the zip can be packaged with the package manager. I never thought of using this because it's the first time I've uploaded anything but it would certainly make installing easier.
I have just read the developer docs on it and I'll try and it out tonight. If it works, can i replace the uploaded file.
Darren.

Return to “[RS] Cab View Creation”