monitor track switch positions

If you're new to Rail Simulator, this is the place to start. Ask anything you like, no question to simple or stupid - we were all here once!

Moderator: Moderators

BickfordStanleyLine
New to the Forums

monitor track switch positions

Post by BickfordStanleyLine »

Hi. I am only recently getting to know Rail Simulator.
How do you monitor what position the track switches are at, forward and behind while driving?
Without having to zoom in to actually see the switch.

Thanks
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Re: monitor track switch positions

Post by gptech »

Use the 2D map--click the up-pointing orange arrow on the left of the HUD, or press key 9 on your numberpad.
BickfordStanleyLine
New to the Forums

Thanks, I understand how to navigate to the map. But how do you know what position the switch ahead of you is at while driving and can you easily change the switch ( G ) and see the result from the cab or views 2 or 3?
I know MSTS has the switch monitor, is there anything like that for Rail Simulator?
gptech
Very Active Forum Member

Post by gptech »

In the 2D view, the blue line shows the path of the driven train. Switch junctions by clicking on the little blue circle at the end of the points...

I don't know of any monitor for the junction state other than the 2D view I'm afraid. You may get more help by posting again in the forum for the latest version of TS (viewforum.php?f=358), as this one is for a much earlier iteration.
BickfordStanleyLine
New to the Forums

Thanks.
I found the 2D map, I am having a little difficulty ensuring switching works from there.
I am getting onto reading the map, that shows the active path with Blue.
Been switching in operator mode, jumping to the map to view the path and jumping back so I don't run into something...
I will return if I have more questions.
Too bad there is no Switch monitor like in MSTS tho..

Return to “[RS] Help for Beginners”