MR Blackwell Branch

Screenshots of Rail Simulator in action. In-game, editors, progress shots of routes and stock being built and so forth.

Moderator: Moderators

buckbeak
Very Active Forum Member

Re: MR Blackwell Branch

Post by buckbeak »

More brilliant work! I love the improvising on the signal gantry, very good thinking :P
Danny
batling
Well Established Forum Member

Post by batling »

Cheers Danny, I think it looks the part, well its as close as I'm gonna get without building it meself! Here's a pic of the actual gantry.

My signalling is almost complete and all markers are done... now its time to write a few scenarios and see if the darn thing works! :evilbat:

Just a few screens of the work done yesterday, mostly filling in blank areas and markers. There's a lot of sidings...

Looking under the twin bridges at Doe Hill station towards the village

Aerial view of the station looking towards Clay Cross

The relatively short lived station building - although now its a school I think?

The junction with the branch to Pilsley Colliery. The pit wasn't actually this far South but its there to give the impression :D

Tibshelf sidings and junction with all the lights and signals put in. Scenery is complete up the line to Tibshelf now.

Ant :D
Antony Flack.
My respect for authority is being eroded day by day.
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by emrhd01 »

That's looking just like the real thing Ant, looking great.

You've put a lot of hard work into getting this to look right and you've really achieved that. Well done.
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
batling

Post by batling »

Thanks very much Rob. :D

Just spent two nights trying to write a scenario and last night I couldn't get it to save the date!

Now tonight I've set everything up, and all the AI runs at a snails pace and the despatcher has routed the player train from the freight lines across the single slip at Alfreton onto the fast lines - then back across the ladder junction onto the freight again!!!! and the path is onto the junction at Westhouses for the branch anyway so why take you off the quickest route???

Aaargh!! :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words:

I remember now why I hate the problems in RS.

Antony Flack.
emrhd01
Very Active Forum Member

Post by emrhd01 »

Hi Ant,
Just spent two nights trying to write a scenario and last night I couldn't get it to save the date!
Saving updated info on the Scenario marker is strange, I always find that if I add a wagon anywhere on the track (after you've altered any details on the Scenario Marker), then immediately delete it and then 'save' using F2, the alterations you've just made are then saved. If you just press F2 without the wagon 'trick', it doesn't 'save' the changes that you just made to the Scenario marker, try it. :wink:

That RW 'Dispatcher', well what can you say, I really thought they would have 'started' to address this problem by now. :(
Rob.
Proud to be a member of the VW/SSS BETA Testing Team.
partyspiritz
Very Active Forum Member

Post by partyspiritz »

Looking very nice it just go's to show what can be done when you put your mind to it. I can sit for hours building a route but building models not good

Looking forward to runing this one

Regards

John
The Bacup Branch gone to bed
The Fairford Branch http://www.martin.loader.btinternet.co. ... Branch.htm Not started
batling

Post by batling »

Hi everyone,

The first (beta) version of the route has now been uploaded to UKTS. There's a version for RW as well as it uses assets that were changed in the newer game.

It still needs a lot of work :roll: and will eventually be extended down to Toton yard, but thats a way off yet...

I've included a scenario which needs a few bits of freeware stock from UKTS though the RW version requires payware stock to make use of the 8F on one of its home turfs :D

I'm not great at making scenarios so feel free to make your own.

Any probs pm me

Kin Regards
Antony Flack.
briyeo1950
Very Active Forum Member

Post by briyeo1950 »

Great news I have been looking forward to this route :) Thanks Ant soon be at Langley Mill then :wink:
batling

Post by batling »

Thanks briyeo1950, It should of been done months ago but hey ho.

haha it'll be a little while before I get down to Langley Mill and I have the maze that is Toton Marshalling yard to get my head round! :D

It is just the branch at the moment but I hope you'll like it.

Antony Flack.
signalnorth1
Getting the hang of things now

Post by signalnorth1 »

stunning work.

Return to “[RS] Screenshots”