Suspect DVLA Scam

No holds barred (well, except common decency, and other standard Terms and Conditions type things 8-) ) forum, chat about almost anything you like! Including sport, trivia, games etc.

Moderator: Moderators

scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Suspect DVLA Scam

Post by scampispeedway »

I've just opened my In Box and found an e-mail from a site claiming to be from the DVLA which said that my last Road Tax payment had failed due to insufficient money and my car was no longer taxed and should click on the
new link and pay for my Tax so that I could continue to us the car.
My Road Tax was renewed late last year once I got a new M.O.T. Certificate, using the new system in the letter I got from the real DVLA site and the money was taken out of my account a few days later.
I've just deleted it and so I'm writing to let people know of another Scam trying to get hold of my Bank Details.

Cheers
Bob
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Re: Suspect DVLA Scam

Post by ashgray »

Hi Bob

Lots of identical scams to the one you received going around at the moment. Beware!

I'm lucky in that the scam is pretty obvious to me - I don't own a car!

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel Core i7-7700K @ 4.2Ghz Quad Core, Gigabyte Gaming Motherboard, 2 x 512Gb SSDs + 1TB SATA drives,
16 Gb DDR-4 Corsair RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX1060 6Gb RAM, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 10 64 bit
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Post by scampispeedway »

Hi Ash, a search using Google reveals several scams like the one I got and have been around for a couple of years now, I keep an accurate record of all my outgoings every month and so when this one popped up, the warning signs in my brain
were triggered and so knew it was false.

Cheers
Bob
Easilyconfused
Worried about Silent Chickens

Post by Easilyconfused »

Wise move Bob. You can never be too careful.

I had the same DLVA scam a week or two ago which caused me no end of amusement. My payment had failed etc. etc. etc.

Hmm so let me get this straight? My payment of £0.00 on 30th June last year failed. For exactly what reason?

My little Toyota Yaris is zero VED every year so that was an easy spot.
Kindest regards

John Lewis

Member of the forum moderation team
bigvern
Chief Track Welder

Post by bigvern »

Had one yesterday as well - as my car tax isn't due for some months obvious it was a scam. Deleted and domain blocked.
MS302
Getting the hang of things now

Post by MS302 »

If you pay online,you will get a confirmatory email that you have paid.I keep it and email it to another of my email accounts.
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Post by scampispeedway »

Hi MS302, you are quite correct about getting a confirmation e-mail as looking in my Car Make E-Mail Folder, low and behold there is the one I got last year.

cheers
Bob

Return to “Open Forum”