Okehampton - Surbiton Car carrier c.1960-66

Discussion relating to the operations of real railways together with the experiences of the people who work (or have worked) on them.

Moderator: Moderators

justgeoff
Established Forum Member

Okehampton - Surbiton Car carrier c.1960-66

Post by justgeoff »

Hi,
Can any one please help with the movements and timings of the above train which left Okehampton at 3.55pm. I am keen to know the motive power used and the way the train was dealt with at Exeter St Davids i.e. did it stop for a banker to ba attached etc.

Any help very much appreciated.

Justgeoff
marcusboon
Well Established Forum Member

Re: Okehampton - Surbiton Car carrier c.1960-66

Post by marcusboon »

justgeoff wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:26 am Hi,
Can any one please help with the movements and timings of the above train which left Okehampton at 3.55pm. I am keen to know the motive power used and the way the train was dealt with at Exeter St Davids i.e. did it stop for a banker to ba attached etc.

Any help very much appreciated.

Justgeoff

(1961, All times pm) Okehampton dep 3.55, Yeoford dep 4.16, Exeter St Davids 4.31, Exeter Central dep 4.39. ‘Z’ class 0-8-0T banker from St Davids. Loco: Rebuilt WC (Exmouth Jct) from Okehampton, Merchant Navy (Nine Elms) from Exeter Central). Formation: BSO (Bullied), SO (Mk1), RK (Bulleid), 8 x GUV (Mk1).

Source: British Railways Railway Centres No. 2 Exeter Central Summer Saturday: 1961 (Xpress Publishing 2008)

https://mikemorant.smugmug.com/Trains-R ... -9XNFcxs/A

Marcus
justgeoff
Established Forum Member

Re: Okehampton - Surbiton Car carrier c.1960-66

Post by justgeoff »

Thank you so much Marcus, I couldn't have asked for more! (and I'm on the search for that book!)

Regards,

Justgeoff

Return to “Real Railway Discussion”