Discuss SimSig, PCRail and other Signalling Simulation products

Moderator: Moderators

karma99
Very Active Forum Member

Blockpost Signal Sims Help

Post by karma99 »

Hey all

Just wondering if anyone uses these?
I am a total luddite when it comes to signalling however I did lots of reading last night and tried out the Yapton sim in demo mode and really enjoyed it - even though you only get 2 trains before it times out.
I feel I really need the 2/10 difficulty version to get me up to speed with using them but then I like to think I'd move on to one of the others shortly once I get the hang of it. However at £30 a pop that is a very expensive proposition. If it had cost £15 I'd have bought it last night without hesitation - and would probably have plans to buy the whole series in future, but at £30-£40 a go I would never entertain buying more than 1, or 2 at most, so the idea of starting with the lowest difficulty and working up to the highest is out of the window.

So I was wondering if anyone who's used them can shed any light on them in regards to value you've got out of them, but also on the difficulty levels and would it be feasible to skip the 2/10 difficulty Yapton and go right to the 5/10 Ford?

Any feedback much appreciated.
Pete
Links: Shop <> Blog <> Facebook
michaelhendle
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Blockpost Signal Sims Help

Post by michaelhendle »

Have a look at PC Rail,they do modern IECC signal routes,and their Heritage ones which I find the most intersting as it feels like you're in a real signal box,you bell codes and point annd signal levers to operate,a lot of them come with either 12 hour or 24 hour timetables,again you are talking about £35.00 but there are a few cheaper ones although they are also older ones,they also tell you if the they are easy moderate or hard.
Two to keep away from are Edinburgh Princes Street and Marylebone heritage simulations they are very hard,Bath is a good starter for a heritage sim,

Mike
karma99
Very Active Forum Member

Post by karma99 »

Hi Mike
Thanks for the reply. I spent a lot of time yesterday looking at PC Rail, SIAM and Blockpost and I really enjoyed the process of ringing the bell correctly in Blockpost and also I found the UI to be easier to use and understand than PC Rail's.
The other issue is that I tried PC Rail Kettering Junction ("Quite Easy") and was immediately out of my depth on the first movement of a light loco :oops:
Hence why I was after thoughts on Blockpost sims specifically which seems be lacking reviews compared to PC Rail, SIAM and of course Simsig.
Links: Shop <> Blog <> Facebook
YankGee
New to the Forums

Post by YankGee »

Hi..i am a new user here. As per my knowledge bell codes and point annd signal levers to operate,a lot of them come with either 12 hour or 24 hour timetables,again you are talking about £35.00 but there are a few cheaper ones although they are also older ones,they also tell you if the they are easy moderate or hard.
Two to keep away from are Edinburgh Princes Street and Marylebone heritage simulations they are very hard,Bath is a good starter for a heritage sim

Return to “[TRAIN] Signalling Simulations”