WCML-N UKTS Freeware Scenario Pack #1

An effort to create some great new scenarios for the fantastic West Coast Mainline North add-on that you can buy from Steam.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: WCML-N UKTS Freeware Scenario Pack #1

Postby Traveller54 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:19 am

@Nobkins: I am still concerned that the installer said it had completed but no files seem to have been copied in? File list to check please.
[Intel i5-3550+3.30GHz/8Gb DDR3/EVGA GeForce GTX 550ti 1024Mb/1 x SATA3 120Gb SSD, 1xSATA3 2Tb, 1xSATA3 1Tb, 1xSATA2 500Gb/Win7 Ultimate 64bit]
Trav ..... :-)
Traveller54
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Traveller54 on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:30 am

Traveller54 wrote:@Nobkins: I am still concerned that the installer said it had completed but no files seem to have been copied in? File list to check please.

A quick word of thanks to Jim for the revised package (v1.1.1) which has sorted things out ... however ... I now have the self-same problem with the Lavender line installer where it tells me the 'IoW Expansion Pack' is missing when it definately isn't?
Traveller54
Very Active Forum Member

Postby nobkins on Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:48 am

If your IOW was installed from the RS version rather than the steam version then I believe this can cause the route to not be detected by the installer depending on how you imported the RS version of the route into RW.

Even if this is not the case, after feedback regarding previous installers (I do listen to suggestions and make changes where it is possible :D) all new installers (or updated ones) will just warn the user about missing items but still allow them to ignore and continue if they wish. The assumption is that the end user knows what they do and do not have. It is almost impossible to make the installer handle every possible situation so if it does report something missing incorrectly, you now as the user can override that and click "Ignore and Continue".

The latest releases of freeware packs are just changes to the installer (other than the GSC1 pack which has a few fixed scenarios in). If you have the previous version installed then updating is optional.

Jim
TrainSimDev.com The community dedicated to those who create content for any Train Simulator.
Includes: Free downloads via torrent or browser, forum browsable by all, membership by invitation (any member can invite someone)
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Postby veetkam on Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:10 am

Got to say this is a cracking pack! Well done to all involved :)
Best Regards
Andrew
DB Schenker fitter
veetkam
Established Forum Member

Postby Toldrabald on Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:40 pm

I've got floating couplers in "Helensburgh Central - Edinburgh Waverly via Shotts", see http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/57895 ... 1C86A7230/
Edit: same in "1E96 12:12 Glasgow Central to Newcastle" - seems to all Class 156 ones with reskins? I did complete "Bonfire eve" yesterday without problems. /Edit

All UKTS FP installed and up-to-date versions (at least the rolling stock ones) and I have the Class 156 as well as Class 390. I just saw there has been an update to the scenario pack on friday, don't have that one installed though. Will try to download it somewhere and report back.

A question regarding the Class 67: I see it is listed in some scenarios where it is not the driving loco, how difficult would it be to swap it out against something else? Are there any wagons that need swapping too? Don't have that one and probably will not get it any time soon.
Please note: english is not my native language, sometimes I may not use the right words to describe what I want to say.
I don't mean to offend anyone, but irony and sarcasm may get lost in translation
Toldrabald
Established Forum Member

Postby nobkins on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:13 pm

The 1.1.2 version fixes a bug where if TS2012 is NOT installed on the C: drive the the GeoPcDx files do not copy across for the Payware DLC. Sounds like you are experiencing this problem so yes please do upgrade to 1.1.2.

Thanks

Jim
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Toldrabald on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:06 pm

I got ahold of the new version (thanks Marleyman!) and just retried "1E96...". Was driving around in a wonderful Scotsrail 156, so all good now I guess. Timing on the scenario is a bit harsh, but it works out fine.

Indeed, I have Steam in the default path, but it lies on my D: drive, so it's D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam.. and so on.
Toldrabald
Established Forum Member

Postby nobkins on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:25 pm

Glad to hear you sorted it.
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Postby mat25 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:16 pm

Hi, This pack is a great idea. I've spent a lot hours to run the WCML. :)

We have translated the scenario pack to french, and in my opinion, the best way to share it could be to include the translation directly in the pack. If not possible, I will upload it at Railsim.fr.

Thanks to the authors of the scenarios, and keep up the good work. :wink:
mat25
New to the Forums

Postby ashgray on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:19 pm

mat25 wrote:Hi, This pack is a great idea. I've spent a lot hours to run the WCML. :)

We have translated the scenario pack to french, and in my opinion, the best way to share it could be to include the translation directly in the pack. If not possible, I will upload it at Railsim.fr.

Thanks to the authors of the scenarios, and keep up the good work. :wink:

Hi

You'll need to check whether you need permission from the pack's author(s) to upload it elsewhere. :wink:

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel i7-3960X 6 Core Extreme @ 4.2Ghz, 512Gb SSD + 1TB SATA drives, 32 Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX690, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Postby nobkins on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:59 pm

Hi Mat25,

I can try and combine your French translations into the pack. Can I ask how you did the translations? Have the original files been edited?

Thanks

Jim
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Postby mat25 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Hi Jim, thanks for your reply. I did the translations using the localization option of Railworks exporting and importing the xls file it created. No original files were modified, each scenario folder will recieve a new file named "fr.lan". If i send you a rwp file, it will contain 25 fr.lan files (30 with the JT's Class 67), one per scenario. And the only way to play the french version of the scenarios will be to set the laguage to french in the RailWork's launcher.
mat25
New to the Forums

Postby nobkins on Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:42 pm

Superb Mat Thanks. I was not sure how translating works but as no original files are changed it makes it very easy to integrate. Please do feel free to email me the files I need to FreewarePacksATrwdecal.co.uk.
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Postby nobkins on Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:14 pm

I have just updated the pack to include the French translations. I am uploading them as I type:
 Click to view more informationUKTS Freeware Pack - WCML North Scenario Pack #1 [59432504 bytes] - UKTS Freeware Pack - WCML North Scenario Pack #1 v1.1.4.exe
File ID: 28476 Date: 25 Dec 2012 - 4832 Downloads
nobkins
Very Active Forum Member

Previous

Return to WCML North Scenario Pack