Installing & Running North Wales Coast

Moderator: Moderators

Installing & Running North Wales Coast

Postby Baily9531 on Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:09 pm

North Wales Coast route needs Bin Patch to work, if it is not installed then you will be hammered with missing shape errors
Following these simple steps will help North Wales Coast run smoother and better.

Install MSTS normally If you have not already do so
Download and install the offical Microsoft Trains update patch from Microsoft
http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ate.exe%20

Then download BIN patch: http://mstsbin.uktrainsim.com/data/MSTS ... 051922.zip
Open the zip file and double click on1.7.051922.exe,
then click on Run, and run again. Choose launguage (english
US), then click next,accept the terms and click next, select the path to
your train simulator set up if different from stated, usually C:\program files\Microsoft Games\Train Simulator
onlyEnsure sound improvements and Additon keys have a tick in them (tick Transparent GUI if so wished, [driver aids])
Then click next
Check install path is right on next screen
BINpatch will now install, once done screen will change to setup complete
Click finish
Job Done! There is no need to do anything else with BINpatch or read manuals etc, these are for route and rolling stock developers
Now install North Wales Coast add-on
Also if you do not have a V 1.05 on the NWC DVD you will need to download and install this patch: http://www.d8233.org.uk/nwc_patch_5.zip
We also recommend that you download and install Trainstore from this site http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info. ... ileid=5940
North Wales Coast is a computer resource heavy add-on, and trainstore will greatly help your PC run the add-on smoothly.

Many thanks
Chris Baily
Restoring D8233 & D5705
http://www.d8233.org.uk
Baily9531
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Installing & Running North Wales Coast

Postby Andrew Page on Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:02 pm

I received my copy of NWC (version 1:05) today and have now installed it. First, congratulations, I can't begin to think how much work has gone into the development of the package, and thanks for working so quickly to solve reported issues.

As others have done, I fell into the trap of not having MSTS Bin installed, and, as a result, got a host of 'missing shape' messages. The 'Notes' section in the Instructions leaflet refers to MSTS Bin as 'recommended'. May I suggest that when the leaflet gets reprinted this is changed, for sake of clarity, to 'required', or a reference to MSTS Bin added to the actual installation instructions (numbered 1 to 6)?

Also, for what it's worth, I too am getting the 'service 1K38 is out of date' message.

But, so much to explore and so many other things I should be doing.

Regards,
Andrew Page
Andrew Page
Getting the hang of things now

Postby Baily9531 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:54 pm

Andrew Page wrote:I received my copy of NWC (version 1:05) today and have now installed it. First, congratulations, I can't begin to think how much work has gone into the development of the package, and thanks for working so quickly to solve reported issues.

As others have done, I fell into the trap of not having MSTS Bin installed, and, as a result, got a host of 'missing shape' messages. The 'Notes' section in the Instructions leaflet refers to MSTS Bin as 'recommended'. May I suggest that when the leaflet gets reprinted this is changed, for sake of clarity, to 'required', or a reference to MSTS Bin added to the actual installation instructions (numbered 1 to 6)?

Also, for what it's worth, I too am getting the 'service 1K38 is out of date' message.

But, so much to explore and so many other things I should be doing.

Regards,
Andrew Page

Hi Andrew,
Many thanks and glad you are enjoying it so far. The next batch of printing will include the above, just when it was discovered it was to late, the printer was in full flight!
The 1k38 thang will be fixed in the next patch :D
Baily9531
Very Active Forum Member

Postby rwaceyw on Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:11 am

I don't think the missing shape errors are due to simply not having MSTSBin?

Dave
Been here long enough to know better...
rwaceyw
LMS Guru

Postby seaeagle on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:02 pm

Recieved my DVD, (v1.05), today and loaded it up, to be greeted by loads of missing shapes. I had version 1.7.051922 of MSTSbin installed on my machine. I've uninstalled that, and loaded up version 1.8.010516 and this has made no difference. I've had no problems running any other addons on my machine before with the MSTSbin patch installed. Will try it on another machine if I get a chance in the next few days.
seaeagle
Been on the forums for a while

Postby rwaceyw on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:06 pm

Any examples of said missing shapes? If you put a few names up here it's most likely we can help :D

Dave
rwaceyw
LMS Guru

Postby seaeagle on Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:20 pm

Thanks, a couple are Ocarrwash.s and Dynatrax-40502.s. Also something seems to have happend with my UK finescale, getting reports of being unable to load various bits of track. Thanks again.
seaeagle

Postby Cobos on Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:57 pm

seaeagle wrote:Thanks, a couple are Ocarrwash.s and Dynatrax-40502.s. Also something seems to have happend with my UK finescale, getting reports of being unable to load various bits of track. Thanks again.

Have you looked in the route shapes folder to confirm the shapes are missing from the install, as I'm more inclined to say this is a MSTS problem, and not a route problem. The carriage wash and dynatrax shape is the route shapes. UKFS is global so those errors could happen on other routes that you may have installed that use UKFS. Could you maybe post some of the UKFS shapes that seem to be missing.

Regards
Kerr
Cobos
Well Established Forum Member

Postby seaeagle on Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:21 pm

Thanks Kerr,

With regard to the UKFS problem, the piece that I am having problems with is ukfs_c_1x100m_d.s all my other routes that use ukfinescale all run fine. As to the carriage wash and the other bits, I've checked the route folder and they are in place, (I should have checked first :oops: ), they are failing to load and open.

Thanks
seaeagle

Postby richierich79 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:51 am

I have just bought this add on and cannot get it to work properly at all.

I downloaded the route and it appears in the msts program files but when you load the game I just have the usual msts routes and nothing else. :roll:
None of the locos will run on any of the default routes, I just get "error cab failed to load" One class 40 worked but wouldnt work again.
This all on compaq presario F700 and windows vista.....

So I now try my sisters laptop an Advent 6301 also Vista
Every loco works on the default routes but again the North Wales route is in the msts program files but not in the dropdown list in the game...?

Laptop No.3 an old Dell inspiron 1300 with XP
The game works !!The graphics are not very good but I put that down to the spec of the machine....

What am I doing wrong?Or is it just vista thats being a pain in the rear?
richierich79
Getting the hang of things now

Postby jbilton on Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:01 am

richierich79 wrote:I have just bought this add on and cannot get it to work properly at all.

I downloaded the route and it appears in the msts program files but when you load the game I just have the usual msts routes and nothing else. :roll:
None of the locos will run on any of the default routes, I just get "error cab failed to load" One class 40 worked but wouldnt work again.

Every loco works on the default routes but again the North Wales route is in the msts program files but not in the dropdown list in the game...?

The game works !!The graphics are not very good but I put that down to the spec of the machine....

Hi
I would guess its a Vista thing, if the programme installed OK on another PC.
I understand the easiest way in Vista is to install MSTS away from the program Files folder, other than that you have to create permissions for all MSTS folders.

Cheers
Jon
------------------------Supporting whats good in the British community------------------------
jbilton
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Baily9531 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:51 pm

seaeagle wrote:Thanks Kerr,

With regard to the UKFS problem, the piece that I am having problems with is ukfs_c_1x100m_d.s all my other routes that use ukfinescale all run fine. As to the carriage wash and the other bits, I've checked the route folder and they are in place, (I should have checked first :oops: ), they are failing to load and open.

Thanks

Having a few reports of this, shapes and tectures being flagged as missing, but in fact they are present and for some god unknown MSTS reason it isnt loading them, Whats the spec of the machine you are running it on mate?
Baily9531
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Baily9531 on Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:53 pm

I agree with Jon, this is obviousley a vista related injury
This section of the forum should help?
viewforum.php?f=273

richierich79 wrote:I have just bought this add on and cannot get it to work properly at all.

Baily9531
Very Active Forum Member

Postby seaeagle on Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:13 pm

Having a few reports of this, shapes and tectures being flagged as missing, but in fact they are present and for some god unknown MSTS reason it isnt loading them, Whats the spec of the machine you are running it on mate?

Hope this makes sense, intel core2 duo, E7300@2.66 MHZ, 2GB ram, 512 mb ATI Radeon HD 4800, 500 GB HD, (one partition of 250 GB for MSTS only). I'm in the process of completly re-installing MSTS, will install NWC as first add-on and let you know what happens later. Thanks. Keith
seaeagle

Postby seaeagle on Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:03 pm

Hope this makes sense, intel core2 duo, E7300@2.66 MHZ, 2GB ram, 512 mb ATI Radeon HD 4800, 500 GB HD, (one partition of 250 GB for MSTS only). I'm in the process of completly re-installing MSTS, will install NWC as first add-on and let you know what happens later. Thanks. Keith

I've completly re-installed MSTS from start and NWC now runs with no problem apart from the services being out of date and needing to be re-saved. I don't supose there could have been a conflict with another route? I'll start re-installing my other routes over the next few weeks, and if I get any problems I'll let you know what I've installed at the point of the problem starting. Thanks. keith
seaeagle

Next

Return to [MSTS1] Chris Baily's Productions (inc ELR etc)