Class 86/2 electric locomotive

Need some help understanding the blueprints for making your own engines, coaches and wagons? Here's a good place to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Class 86/2 electric locomotive

Postby wolly1380 on Wed May 20, 2009 8:00 pm

Andy were did you change the tap values so it takes the normal 30 seconds on your PC, am gonna have a go my self on my PC
Nvidia Geforce settings for Rail Works
http://forums.uktrainsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=314&t=103809
TPR Detailng Memeber The First Comunity Built Network!

http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/w ... shropshire
wolly1380
Very Active Forum Member

Postby wolly1380 on Thu May 21, 2009 7:24 am

I've found it Andy i've set mine to 25 I just found 30 seconds to long it now comes down from 100% to 0% in 15 seconds.

Version 1.1 has now been uploaded along with 86256 Pebble Mill both have had there windows corrected the numbering textures and the dynamic braking issue has been solved
http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info. ... leid=21253 86212
http://www.uktrainsim.com/filelib-info. ... leid=21284 86256
wolly1380
Very Active Forum Member

Postby AndyUK on Thu May 21, 2009 7:55 am

I've only just seen your question but glad you've got it sorted to your satisfaction, 30 seconds can seem like an age when you want the power off in a hurry can't it! Thanks for the tip on version 1.1, downloading now.

Andy L
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Postby overmarze on Thu May 21, 2009 1:11 pm

Brillant :)
overmarze
Very Active Forum Member

Postby codrivermike on Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 pm

Will this locomotive install over the top of the existing one or do i need to remove the original loco first?

Best regards

Michael
That's Co - Driver - Mike. The one in the other seat.
codrivermike
Very Active Forum Member

Postby overmarze on Thu May 21, 2009 2:07 pm

Mine did not sure if im going to have to reinstall.Ill try it after my lunch.
overmarze
Very Active Forum Member

Postby AndyUK on Thu May 21, 2009 2:20 pm

codrivermike wrote:Will this locomotive install over the top of the existing one or do i need to remove the original loco first?

Best regards

Michael

I unistalled the previous version before I installed v1.1 but had no difficulty with my original scenarios afterwards.

Andy L
AndyUK
Very Active Forum Member

Postby davveb on Thu May 21, 2009 2:42 pm

Regarding the updated blue version it shouldn't matter if you install it over the top of the original version, or remove the original first. Removing the original first will keep things tidier however.

All these versions share "common" files, so if you decide to remove one version you will need to ensure you re-install the versions you want to keep, otherwise you will get missing file problems.

Dave B
davveb
Established Forum Member

Postby wolly1380 on Thu May 21, 2009 5:56 pm

AndyUK wrote:I've only just seen your question but glad you've got it sorted to your satisfaction, 30 seconds can seem like an age when you want the power off in a hurry can't it! Thanks for the tip on version 1.1, downloading now.

Andy L

It was the fact my PC lacks the beens and the amps were going up in staged stages
wolly1380
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Class 86/2 Windows...

Postby ka959 on Fri May 22, 2009 2:24 am

Hi there mate...

I downloaded the Class 86/2 loco last night, and tried it out, after noting the download page said the window glass had been fixed, or words to that effect, and found the windows were still "misted up fairly badly" for want of a description of the "fogginess". I thought, as you said the glass was fixed, I might need to delete the old one completely, and do a fresh install, rather than an over-write. Same results. Foggy as previously. I thought the 86/2 windows would now look like the Class 47's glasswork, so what's causing this, anyway ? I like the loco a lot, to be honest, but the windows are turning me off it, as it's not the usual. Can you please tell me/us if it's possible to get the windscreens perfectly clear or not?
I'd love to know if you're able to do this, as I'm not in any position to do this myself of course. What happened anyway ? Just curious. Cheers.

Regards...

Jim McDermott
ka959
Very Active Forum Member

Postby markpullinger on Fri May 22, 2009 7:19 am

Hi, the fix issued for the windows was for the `can't see water through them problem` ie falling rain, snow and lakes. The windows look as though they have been made deliberately dirty with windscreen wiper marks, rather than foggy!

Mark
markpullinger
Very Active Forum Member

Postby iceman2117 on Fri May 22, 2009 7:54 am

hi, ...

A little less fog would not be bad.
But of course it goes without.

greets ice
iceman2117
Very Active Forum Member

Postby davveb on Fri May 22, 2009 8:10 am

Glass "foggyness" is just down to texture. It's on the cl86_2_Glass.TgPcDx texture (naturally!). You can edit away to your heart's content using RSTools/RSbintool and a graphics program. Transparency is controlled by the alpha channel. A word of warning - I mapped all the windows to the same texture space, so you won't be able to represent things like wiper sweep arcs or reflections off the console - just regular patterns.

Dave B
davveb
Established Forum Member

Postby ka959 on Fri May 22, 2009 8:29 am

davveb wrote:Glass "foggyness" is just down to texture. It's on the cl86_2_Glass.TgPcDx texture (naturally!). You can edit away to your heart's content using RSTools/RSbintool and a graphics program. Transparency is controlled by the alpha channel. A word of warning - I mapped all the windows to the same texture space, so you won't be able to represent things like wiper sweep arcs or reflections off the console - just regular patterns.

Dave B

Only if you know what you're doing with this particular thing, but I don't, I'm afraid. Like I said previously, at least one perfectly clear windscreen model would at least satisfy everyone maybe. Good to keep everyone happy if possible. If someone here built a model of the New Zealand 4000 hp electric Ef Class loco, I'd be happy to run it, but only if it had a good, clear windscreen to make driving it a pleasure. Again, no offense intended at all - just personal preferance.

Regards...

Jim McDermott
ka959
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Sly401 on Fri May 22, 2009 4:11 pm

So Jim

If someone built you a model and you didn't like the windscreen color......... you wouldn't use it ?

I think that is a little pedantic and respect should be shown to the artist who produced the model... especially when he gave it away in the first place.
And then proceeded to give you permission and even instructructions on how to acheive your aim.
Artists / asset creators interpret things the best way they see fit, or are capable of. they do not think well I will do this just to upset ...........blah blah blah (well I might actually, and you know who you are :D )

When you cannot be bothered to attempt to exchange one shade of grey for another to acheive the results you require, why should a creator take note of your input ?

As for payware.. look at some screen shots and if you like, buy it...... if you don't leave it where it is on the shelf.

If you want to change the way something is done, do it yourself and then post a shot and say hey guys doesn't this look better... and you could well be taken up.

I suppose I am saying to all those... put up something better ... or accept what you are given gratefully.

Sly
Sly401
Very Active Forum Member

PreviousNext

Return to [RS] Building Rolling Stock