Barrow in Furness 11 / 12th October 2014

This forum is to discuss past and future road show events, find out where you can see us next and maybe even join in and help!

Moderator: Moderators

Barrow in Furness 11 / 12th October 2014

Postby codrivermike on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:38 pm

It's nearly time for my favorite exhibition of the year, Furness Model Railway Club's annual exhibition

http://furnessmrc.webs.com/exhibition.htm

And let me tell you what a cracking exhibition it is. The natives are friendly, the food is good and the layouts are quite varied with Furness's Furka Oberalp mountain layout and even The Isle of Sodor. Trade stands are represented along with The local Model Boat exhibition and the Radio Controlled Car racing track.

In the evening there is the usual classic bus to take people up to The Prince of Wales Pub at Foxfield where there is much quaffing of ale ( a bit like drinking but you spill more )

But the biggest draw will of course be Myself and Robert with TS2015. Robert will be running plenty of steam on his Esthwaite Branch whilst I'll be slogging stock over Shap, along the English Riviera and through the Rockies.

See you there :)
That's Co - Driver - Mike. The one in the other seat.
codrivermike
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Barrow in Furness 11 / 12th October 2014

Postby scampispeedway on Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:52 pm

Hi Mike, I agree it is a cracking exhibition and as usual I will be popping over to see you both for a chat.

Cheers
bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Easilyconfused on Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Sadly I won't be able to make it. When it was over the Easter weekend it was easier given the 5 hour drive from Bristol. The logistics simply don't work for a normal weekend given I have to be back in work on Monday morning.

It was a cracking show when we did come up over that Easter weekend.
Kindest regards

John Lewis

Member of the forum moderation team
Easilyconfused
Worried about Silent Chickens

Postby codrivermike on Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:26 pm

It's getting closer. Everything's ready, routes practiced, scenarios made. I can almost taste the fish & chips on Friday night, the bacon butties in the morning and the rich dark Cumbria ale in The Prince of Wales at Foxfield on the Saturday night. Oh and it's a good exibition too.

See you there. Make yourselves known.

Michael
codrivermike
Very Active Forum Member

Postby scampispeedway on Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Hi Mike and Robert, it was nice to see you both again and glad you had a few people
looking in at your display and many were asking about Train Simulation.
I thought not as busy as last year on the Saturday and I hope you got a few more in
on the Sunday to make it worth your time and effort that you both put in.
On the Sunday I popped down to Shildon and had a look around at the many layouts
which were very good despite having to fit in the spare space between the exhibits.

Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Return to UKTSLive! Road Shows