Kendal 25/26th January 2014

This forum is to discuss past and future road show events, find out where you can see us next and maybe even join in and help!

Moderator: Moderators

Kendal 25/26th January 2014

Postby scampispeedway on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:52 am

Hi, just a note to say that now that the New Year is out of the way, it is the start of a new season of model railway shows.
The one I always go to is the one above as it is not too far (85 miles) from Newcastle to pop over the Pennines and see the
show, where hopefully Mike ( Codrivermike) and Robert M are putting on a demonstration of the latest Railworks.
For more information click on the link below and select exhibitions on the main screen.
http://www.kendalmrc.org/

Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Kendal 25/26th January 2014

Postby RobertM on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:38 pm

No, were not invited this year, were having a year off. We'll be back though in 2015.

Me and Mikes next show is Keighly in March
Cheers, Robert :)
Fireman at the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Steam Railway.
Second Valve simulation - https://www.facebook.com/secondvalve?ref=hl
RobertM
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Kendal 25/26th January 2014

Postby scampispeedway on Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Hi Robert, went over this morning to the show and had to go round the back where the coaches are normally parked, it
was raining as I arrived and so the ground was a sodden and got splashed with mud getting to the path that lead to the front
entrance.
Down in the main hall there were at least 4 huge displays which of course needed loads of room which in my opinion should
be for a show that can accommodate them without any bother.
I went up to the room where you normally have your display and it was packed with exhibits and so you would have found it
difficult to set yours up.
I will seriously think hard about going next year as I only stopped for a couple of hours and left just before 12.30pm and
arrived back on Tyneside just after 3.00pm.
My next planned trips are South Shields in February, Heywood and Keighley in March and a new one in Rochdale in April
where I've arranged to meet Alec (Rufuskins) around 1pm at one of the displays.
South Shields is a small show and is on a Friday afternoon and Saturday and can be reach via our Metro, Heywood and
Rochdale I'll be going by train changing at Leeds and Keighley I will take the car as there is loads of free parking there.

Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Return to UKTSLive! Road Shows