Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2013

This forum is to discuss past and future road show events, find out where you can see us next and maybe even join in and help!

Moderator: Moderators

Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2013

Postby rufuskins on Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:37 pm

I've now booked my rail travel (£20.00 there and back from Manchester) and also got my advance show ticket for Saturday 23rd November. The Cross Country service is due to arrive at International at 9:13 and therefore fits in nicely with the advance ticket entrance time of 9:15 - assuming train is on time!
Obviously there'll be a lot to see if not too crowded and will visit the UKTS stand during the morning.
Alec

PS Don't anticipate getting another chance to visit Warley, and as there are less shows local to me other visits may be far and few between!
Concentrating on both LNWR Carriages and LYR Wagons for MSTS - see TSSH
rufuskins
Very Active Forum Member

Re: Warley National Model Railway Exhibition 2013

Postby PeterPeddlesden on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:03 pm

Given an arrival at International of 9.13, by the time you reach the NEC concourse it will likely be 9.20 and there will be a queue of around 400 - 500 already starting to enter the Hall.
You could be 9.30 - 9.35 before you get in to the Hall.

Enjoy the show Alec there is always lots to see. You might even bump in to Oldrocker.
PeterPeddlesden
Atomic Systems Team
Atomic Systems Team

Postby scampispeedway on Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:56 pm

Hi Alec and Peter, just checking the cost and this year it is better for me to do the trip as singles, the train leaves Newcastle at 09.35 and
arrives in BNS at 12.27 and then I pick another train leaving at 12.39 and arrive at BHI at 12.54, this costs £19.80 with my Senior Rail Card.
Coming back I can leave at 16.38 arriving at BNS 10mins later and the wait until 17.03 and get the train home where it will arrive at 20.28,
this single trip only costs me £19.15 and so the total cost this year is only £38.95 which considering the trip is over 200 miles each way is
not bad value for money.

Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Postby rufuskins on Sat Sep 14, 2013 12:35 pm

Booking your rail ticket well in advance is definitely worth it because when I said £20 there and back I was referring to two £10 singles, which includes a reserved seat, and doesn't involve any changes! If I had been able to travel slightly earlier there was a single from Manchester to International for £8.50!!
Might have to queue to get in but I won't have to fiddle about with car parks, etc. I'm booked on a train home at 15:38 and hopefully this will give me a fair amount of time at the exhibition.
Alec
rufuskins
Very Active Forum Member

Postby scampispeedway on Sat Sep 14, 2013 7:28 pm

Hi Alec, went down to the Newcastle Central Station and bought my tickets this morning, but changed the time coming back until
after 5pm and this meant the return cost was the same as going down, but again the total bill of £39.60 was still better than driving
down and finding a place to park the car with the extra costs involved at the Birmingham International Arena.

Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Postby RobertM on Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:54 pm

Stirling - Glasgow and back with a stop off at Kendal on the Sunday night, £120 with 1/3 off with my rail card :o
Cheers, Robert :)
Fireman at the Lakeside & Haverthwaite Steam Railway.
Second Valve simulation - https://www.facebook.com/secondvalve?ref=hl
RobertM
Very Active Forum Member

Postby DDPOTTER on Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:37 pm

Just had to cancell as work have mucked up my annual leave so I cant get the time off so i will be missing warley this year. hope the show goes well though.
All the best
Daniel
DDPOTTER
Been on the forums for a while

Postby 749006 on Wed Nov 20, 2013 4:52 pm

Just found out the other day that you can buy tickets for the show from all of the Ian Allan Bookshops for £11.50
A friend got his from the shop at Birmingham last year but I got mine from the Manchester Shop.

Saves you £1.50 on the door price.

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
Very Active Forum Member

Postby scampispeedway on Sun Nov 24, 2013 12:21 pm

Hi Everyone, went down yesterday to the show and as usual my train was late arriving at BNS but picked up
another train to get to NEC about 20mins late.
The show hall was fairly well packed but at least I got to the UkTrainSim display which was situated in it's
normal site and had a talk with Pete, Terry, Rob M and met for the first time Ben Harrison even though he
comes from my neck of the woods.
Stayed for quite a while having a chat about certain matters and explained to some beginners about what was
on show and how they could have a look at this site to get more information without committing to anything.
Later on had a look around the Model Layouts which were excellent but not my scene before returning to
our display to say my goodbyes.
Eventually arrived back in Newcastle around 8.45pm and had a late pizza before watching the Match of the
Day programme and then going to bed a little tired but glad I went down to meet the gang and I realise how
much effort they put in being there for the two days of each show,
Thanks to you for the welcome and advice I later got from Rob M. about quoting in a post which I have never
done myself and wonder how it was done.

Bob
scampispeedway
Very Active Forum Member

Return to UKTSLive! Road Shows