Cambridgeshire (WIP)

Are you thinking about building your own route? or are you already in progress? Talk to the experts in here and find out the best way to do things!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Cambridgeshire (WIP)

Postby pendolinobasher on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:22 am

I had a look at the routes on your map and im suprised how many line we had in East Anglia from looks of it we have gone from a vast area of lines to the present day where sadly most of them have been pulled up. :cry: :cry:

Shame really but i bet if Huntingdon East or Sandy lines still existed FCC would of electrified them and used them to their advantage.
pendolinobasher
Well Established Forum Member

Postby Traveller54 on Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:05 pm

rivimey wrote:I thought a note might be in order. I've been working with cunningn on this route for a few months now and we continue to make some progress - those with eagle eyes may have seen a few posts, and the release of the Churches Pack to UKTS is one offshoot of this:
 Click to view more informationChurches Pack [1632636 bytes] - Churches v1.1.zip
File ID: 26272 Date: 14 Apr 2011 - 2875 Downloads

Are there some GeoPcDx files missing from this asset file??
Scrap that - found them in an Kuju folder entry; most odd place to put them?!!
Thanks anyway.
[Intel i5-3550+3.30GHz/8Gb DDR3/EVGA GeForce GTX 550ti 1024Mb/1 x SATA3 120Gb SSD, 1xSATA3 2Tb, 1xSATA3 1Tb, 1xSATA2 500Gb/Win10 Ultimate 64bit]
Trav ..... :-)
http://www.oakwood-shed.co.uk/sww5/sww_route5.html
Traveller54
Very Active Forum Member

Postby cunningn on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:30 am

Trav

Hope you found the church pack useful - I have referenced the RSDL skins for my shapes - but found that it only works if I put my geopcdx into the same structure as the textures.

Cheers

Neil
WIP: Cambridgeshire Branch Lines - stage 3 in test - Kings Cross to Peterborough - scenario testing under way
cunningn
Been on the forums for a while

Postby rivimey on Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:59 pm

Another video of the St Ives line over here: viewtopic.php?p=1448823#p1448823

Ruth
Helping to build Cambridge Branch Lines in 1950 @ http://cambslines.ivimey.org
= - Personal : http://www.ivimey.org - = - Web Design : http://www.ivimey.com - =
rivimey
Everyone needs a hug!

Postby msdejesus on Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:01 pm

I am really glad to see this project progress. Best of luck with it!

Regards

Manuel

PS: Just seen the vid, thanks alot for sharing!
msdejesus
Very Active Forum Member

Postby nike wass on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi Ruth
Just been watching the video of Histon to St Ives, really looking forward to this one. I love the model of the old hotel that sat on the platform at St Ives really good copy. Tomorrow is the start of the guided busway that runs along the old railway track between St Ives and Cambridge.
Regards
Mike Wassnike wass

Private message
nike wass
Established Forum Member

Postby pdeee on Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi Neil,
In the late 1940's and 1950's I was stationed at different Raf bases around the Cambridge area, RAF Lords Bridge and RAF Ridgewell were two of them, while there I lived out in Haverhill, with my wife and daughter.
I usually cycled the few miles to Ridgewell, but in the winter I would catch the train from Haverhill to Great Yealdom usually hauled by an E4 2-4-0. as I got to know the footplate crew I would often travel on the footplate, grand on a very frost morning, much warmer than in the carriages. At this time you would still see the odd 6 wheel carriage and many of the pre-grouping company passenger coaches as well.
Plenty GER engines on goods and passenger and B17's on the expresses.
Good luck with the route
Regards.

Pat.

Skipton to Carlisle 1920
LMSR Rolling Stock CD.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27518426@N03/
pdeee
Well Established Forum Member

Postby stuart666 on Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:48 pm

I had a look at your video and the work is very clearly of a very high standard. Ill look forward to trying it.

Only 2 pointers I will make if I may. Firstly Ive no knowledge of this route, but in the period in question most routes still have telegraph poles running along the line. Many that lost signal boxes still had them in place in the 1970s!

Secondly I think you are using a mixture of default assets and the GWR signalling set. I think Im right in suggesting that they are not directly compatible, and might cause AI traffic problems if used together. The same author does do a rather nice LMS signal set, so perhaps thats an alternative.

No criticism in any way intended. Looks a great route and will be definately one Ill download when its done.
stuart666
Very Active Forum Member

Postby rivimey on Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi Stuart,

Thanks very much for your comments. cunningn and I know there are lots of telegraph poles to put in place; it's one of many things we haven't got round to yet.

Good to have the heads-up about the signals. It's a pity that there isn't an ECR/LNER set available, but again, we're still in the early stages. I do know for example that cunningn is planning on making changes to the signal boxes.

Regards
Ruth
rivimey
Everyone needs a hug!

Postby haddock1000 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:51 am

Re gwr/default compatibility, are they incompatible? They're made with same default scripts, so should work exactly the same.

Thanks,

Chaddockdk
Part of the Chaddock Engineering group - trying to make things easy!
haddock1000
Virtual Rail Engineer

Postby stuart666 on Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:46 am

chaddockdk wrote:Re gwr/default compatibility, are they incompatible? They're made with same default scripts, so should work exactly the same.

Thanks,

Chaddockdk

Ive been lead to believe that they were in fact using different scripts. Even if they were originally the same, they have not been updated, whereas the default semaphore from Bath Templecombe must have been updated a few time since.

Thats my understanding anyway.
stuart666
Very Active Forum Member

Postby antonyperks on Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:01 pm

I thought it was the Midland/lms signals that didnt talk to Kuju ones not the gwr ones stuart?
AMD A8-7650K, 64Bit win 10, 240GB SSD-TS2016,Nvidia GTX 960 2GB, 1TB HD,750W Psu, 19" AOC Monitor.
antonyperks
Very Active Forum Member

Postby stuart666 on Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:31 am

antonyperks wrote:I thought it was the Midland/lms signals that didnt talk to Kuju ones not the gwr ones stuart?

Well the GWR ones and the LMS set seem to work together on Western Rails, and they have the same creator. I dont know, I think you would have to ask Mr Yelland, but I would just be cautious of mixing the default semaphore and freeware ones if only for the update reasons.

No criticism of his work you understand. Id be in the brown smelly stuff unless he had released his signal pack a couple of years back.
stuart666
Very Active Forum Member

Postby cunningn on Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:04 pm

Folks

Glad to hear that people like what they've seen so far.

Pdeee - I aim to cover Lord's Bridge - so if you have any photos from that time I'd be grateful for copies. No sign of an E4 or B17 yet - though I'm trying to arrange for a Claud !

Stuart - I haven't noticed a problem - but I couldn't swear that I've tested a bit which has both types in it - so might be a problem. If anyone knows for sure then I'd appreciate the info.

Regards

Neil
cunningn

Postby rivimey on Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:18 am

Folks,

I've put another video of progress from Six Mile Bottom to Fulbourn in the Videos thread:

viewtopic.php?p=1531025

Regards
Ruth
rivimey
Everyone needs a hug!

PreviousNext

Return to [TS13-TS17] Route Building