Armstrong Powerhouse Class 321

General discussion about RailWorks, your thoughts, questions, news and views!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Armstrong Powerhouse Class 321

Postby starmedia on Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:24 pm

Yes Richard I think it was :) I can't find the logo anywhere online @ the mo, I remember the change well as I was on work experience at Chelmsford Station ! I 'think' GER was maybe a pre-disposal name set up by BR/NSE prior to sale of the GE franchise, but if memory serves GER were the company to vinyl the units to the green & blue colour that firstgroup came to inherit into the picture you have posted there :) it may have only been a brief time in history that the GER company operated for but it's certainly another subtle livery difference to add to any list :)
starmedia
Getting the hang of things now

Postby DavidVI on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:11 pm

starmedia wrote:Always (normally) forgotten re: c321 liveries for the GEML is the company name post NSE "GER" (Great Eastern Railway) it was an NSE livery with overlaid vinyls featuring a green colour, with a logo made out of the initials GER with the Seeaxe (Essex) sword used, although to look online I can't find any evidence of this now ... was I dreaming ;) I'm pretty sure not, it would've been just prior to First taking over with First applying the First Great Eastern logo fairly swiftly ...

I always wondered the origins of that livery. I used to see it a lot and wonder why they looked different..
DavidVI
Well Established Forum Member

Postby 749006 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:20 pm

749006 wrote:Not only 322 reskins but 321 reskins will be good.

321 liveries over the years
Network South East
321/300 - First Great Eastern / National Express East Anglia / Greater Anglia
321/400 - Silverlink / London Midland / First Great Eastern / First Capital Connect
321/900 - Metro Train [WYPTE] / Northern

And remove a coach for a 320 to use around Strathclyde

Great choice of unit to make AP. :)

Peter

I missed a colour or two off the list
321334 in Dutch Colours - http://www.flickr.com/photos/tibshelf/6 ... 59342@N21/
320 ScotRail new livery http://www.flickr.com/photos/darlo2009/ ... st-b1a2vR/

Peter
http://peter749.piwigo.com/
My Railway Pictures
Very Active Forum Member

Postby starmedia on Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:43 pm

starmedia

Postby david1 on Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:09 pm

starmedia wrote:re: GER ... I wasn't dreaming !!!

I must have been dreaming because I dont remember GER, I thought it went from NSE to First Great Eastern, obviously i was wrong
david1

Postby casrtt on Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:45 pm

starmedia wrote:Always (normally) forgotten re: c321 liveries for the GEML is the company name post NSE "GER" (Great Eastern Railway) it was an NSE livery with overlaid vinyls featuring a green colour, with a logo made out of the initials GER with the Seeaxe (Essex) sword used, although to look online I can't find any evidence of this now ... was I dreaming ;) I'm pretty sure not, it would've been just prior to First taking over with First applying the First Great Eastern logo fairly swiftly ...

People are forgetting that the First Group used to be called First Bus. When the trains had the green colour they had the First Bus Logo on transfers on the door windows on Class 321's. The name First Group and First Great Eastern came later.
casrtt

Postby starmedia on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:27 am

Apparently after a big of digging on Google it would seem that the "Great Eastern Railway - GER" phase in more modern times was circa 1995 where BR packaged up the route as GER with associated branding before sale to the first private operator, being First group. It would've only been a matter of a year, two years tops as GER.

Firstbus, with their bus company purchases had a policy of going into a company and at first applying subtle changes to it's existing branding, in Essex Eastern National became Eastern National (f) using the existing colour scheme before changing to First (f) Eastern National which slowly ushered in the 'Barbie' White, Pink & Blue colour scheme and finally removal of local company names leaving the bus companies named simply "First (f)" (a trend which seems to be seeing some reversal now, at least here in Essex with First (f) Essex appearing) On the railways First made subtle changes at first to the GER fleet with the addition of Great Eastern (f) logos followed with re-logoing as First (f) Great Eastern which saw then some rolling stock turn up in a railway version of the 'Barbie' livery (c360) although I don't think a c321 carried these colours on the GEML, they remained in the green / blue colour scheme until ONE / National Express made bigger changes which brings us up to the most recent GA livery.

What I can't find on Google images is a c321 / c312 or anything carrying the GER branding, the logo used can be seen on the link I posted previously.

A quick Q to anyone in the know please, why did some c321's have a 'P' after their unit number on the front / back & some not ? i.e "321 123 P" was this for stock that had parcels areas ? I remember their being a Royal Mail logo & slide door lockable section on the GEML c321's when I assisted with dispatch of these units from Chelmsford in the NSE days.
starmedia

Postby Tankski on Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:40 am

The P does indicate a lockable parcels compartment.
Tankski
Very Active Forum Member

Postby starmedia on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:01 am

Thanks for that :)
starmedia

Postby 749006 on Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:04 pm

starmedia wrote:Apparently after a big of digging on Google it would seem that the "Great Eastern Railway - GER" phase in more modern times was circa 1995 where BR packaged up the route as GER with associated branding before sale to the first private operator, being First group. It would've only been a matter of a year, two years tops as GER.

What I can't find on Google images is a c321 / c312 or anything carrying the GER branding, the logo used can be seen on the link I posted previously.

I spotted this http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3656/3295 ... f9a1_z.jpg and I think the NSE Liveried units also carried the logo.
It mentions on this page http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_SouthEast that NSE was broken down into various sub-divisions.

Peter
Very Active Forum Member

Postby leesussex on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:59 am

Any news on when this may be released? Really looking forward to seeing it

Lee

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
leesussex

Postby 749006 on Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:06 pm

leesussex wrote:Any news on when this may be released? Really looking forward to seeing it
Lee

Nothing posted on AP's site yet.
Peter

Sent from a computer using a keyboard :lol:
Very Active Forum Member

Postby leesussex on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:28 pm

749006 wrote:
leesussex wrote:Any news on when this may be released? Really looking forward to seeing it
Lee

Nothing posted on AP's site yet.
Peter

Sent from a computer using a keyboard :lol:

Ah yes havent amended the auto signature on Taptalk app !! no I thought a video would come soon, unless they are waiting TS2014 to be released and release the same day, I assume AP will have to do something to all his stuff to make it compatable with TS2014 unless its all back compatable

Lee (sent from my laptop this time as not on move anymore)
leesussex

Postby phat2003uk on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:30 pm

We're still weeks away from release though we just thought we'd pop up a preview to show it's in the works.
Richard A Armstrong - Armstrong Powerhouse
---------------------------------------------------
Railway videos in High Definition:
http://www.youtube.com/user/phat2003uk
Railway photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/richa2002/
phat2003uk
SWTVR Assistant Manager

Postby DavidVI on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:40 pm

phat2003uk wrote:We're still weeks away from release though we just thought we'd pop up a preview to show it's in the works.

:) No rush, gives me a chance to get some activities done ready ;) Plus I know how good it'l be so the wait will be worth it!

As long as theres previews every now and then to keep me going!!!!!!

In time for Christmas at least ;)
DavidVI

PreviousNext

Return to [TS13/TS14/TS15] General Discussion