How to change driver pos. in Voyager?

It's what the driver sees, it's possibly more important than even how it looks on the outside - but it's the most difficult bit to build. Learn how to make your own cabs, or how to use the ones that have been produced, how to wire up the controls and much more!

Moderator: Moderators

How to change driver pos. in Voyager?

Postby Energo7535 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:07 pm

Hello,
I installed JT Voyager and appeared to be pressed to far forward inside the cab. I installed the patch and get a little bit better view but still to close to the front. At 1920x1200 I do not get instrument panel at all and when I look inside the cab everything is too "zoomed". I do not expect a fast fix from JT so maybe someone can explain me how to edit the driver's position at Voyager. I checked several bin files with RW-Tools but there are seems to be a lot of files to be edited - as I understand min 2 files for every skin and I am also not sure if I found correct string in the bin file.
Thanks in advance.
Energo7535
Getting the hang of things now

Re: How to change driver pos. in Voyager?

Postby lenfish on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:35 pm

Hello,

The cab_cam file in the CabView folder is the one you want. The first set of three lines determine the driving position. Try reducing the value at the end of the third of the three lines (the "z" value) to a lower figure. This will move the position back. It's a bit trial and error but you should be able to get a position that suits.

Regards,

Len
lenfish
Well Established Forum Member

Re: How to change driver pos. in Voyager?

Postby Energo7535 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Thank you!
Energo7535
Getting the hang of things now

Return to [RW] Cab View Creation