Railworks will not start

Are you stuck making RailWorks work? Don't be afraid to ask your questions here, we were all beginners once!

Moderator: Moderators

Railworks will not start

Postby DESPATCH on Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:50 pm

I have recently re-installed my railworks onto my system and got a message " application failed to start PhysXLoader.dll not found. I suggests re-installing which makes no difference at all. I went on the support line and had to open a separate account for support, which I did. The verifacation link sent to email was not on a verifiable link. So here I am with a game I cannot use!!! A missing dll file is quite a problem I think. Has anyone any ideas please?
DESPATCH
Been on the forums for a while

Re: Railworks will not start

Postby Acorncomputer on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi

I suggest you verify the game cache with Steam. It seems a bit odd that you do not seem to have all the necessary files but follow this to let Steam see if you have any corrupt or missing files and it will repair them for you.

To verify games cache - Connect to Steam, find the Library page, choose the display that shows RailWorks as a banner across the screen, (middle icon of the three options given at the top right of the Library screen), right click in the middle of the screen and chose the option 'properties', click on the third tab along (I forget what it is called) and four further options appear, click on 'Verify integrity of games cache' and sit back whilst Steam checks the files on your computer and replaces any that are faulty.

When this has finished, run RailWorks again and see if the problem persists.
Geoff Potter
Working on Something
Acorncomputer
Very Active Forum Member

Postby CaptScarlet on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:32 pm

Hi, What I believe you need to do is re install or update the physX drivers the game uses as that is what the error is related too. You can find the drivers either from the Nvidia website or the older Ageia physX drivers from the Railworks/install folder

eg .....\Steam\steamapps\common\railworks\Install

John
CaptScarlet
Very Active Forum Member

Postby DESPATCH on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:24 pm

Thank you for the advice however I have tried both confirming the cache and re-installing the PhysXLoader all to no avail. I get an error report concerning " msiexec.exe " which seems to be the problem. Does anyone out there know what this means or more importantly how it can be solved?
DESPATCH

Postby Easilyconfused on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:45 pm

If would help if you could give the exact error message rather than a vague approximation of it.

I think there was an issue on some versions of Windows with the MSI tool that installs software. There are hotfixes for this that Windows Update should apply.
Kindest regards

John Lewis

Member of the forum moderation team
Easilyconfused
Worried about Silent Chickens

Postby Acorncomputer on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:46 pm

Hi

Unless someone with more technical knowledge can give a specific answer to this, I suggest you e-mail support@railsimulator.com and they may be able to help. I have checked out the Frequently Asked Questions in the RailWorks WIKI but there is no answer to this one.
Acorncomputer
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Easilyconfused on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:03 pm

The problem is that issues with msiexec are dealt with by Microsoft not Railsimulator.com.

Having the exact error message would help but this knowledgebase article discusses some of the issues with msiexec : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315346

I would suspect the problem lies outside of Railworks and is a more inherent problem with the installation of Windows on the PC. It doesn't help in that several pieces of malware carry the same name as the Windows installer and that can cause more confusion.

The error in the first post of this thread indicates PhysX is not correctly installed. To install that should be straightforward but if the Windows Installer service is also not correctly registered then a more detailed look at the PC will be required.
Easilyconfused

Postby theokus on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:23 pm

DESPATCH wrote:I have recently re-installed my railworks onto my system and got a message " application failed to start PhysXLoader.dll not found. I suggests re-installing which makes no difference at all. I went on the support line and had to open a separate account for support, which I did. The verifacation link sent to email was not on a verifiable link. So here I am with a game I cannot use!!! A missing dll file is quite a problem I think. Has anyone any ideas please?

Google could be your friend :

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerr ... -error.htm

(I did say "could" he) :wink:
Ubi bene, ibi patria.
theokus
Very Active Forum Member

Postby DESPATCH on Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:14 pm

Sorry for not replying earlier but I have spent many hours battling with this problem. I have finally sorted it out by downloading the latest PhysXLoader from Nvidia and copying it into the appropriate folder and then and installing it. Bingo it worked!!!
DESPATCH

Postby CalanRios on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:54 am

hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/physxloader.dll/

This site will fix your problem just click "Fix dll errors"now button.

Now just download the program and it will fix your problem.No need to scan.
Hope it works :)
CalanRios
New to the Forums

Postby alanch on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:32 am

CalanRios wrote:hi,
http://www.fix-all-dll-errors.com/physxloader.dll/

This site will fix your problem just click "Fix dll errors"now button.

Now just download the program and it will fix your problem.No need to scan.
Hope it works :)

Do you trust that site? Any chance that you just might pick up some malware? :wink:
Alan

My railway photos are back - you can access them from https://plus.google.com/photos/10506703 ... banner=pwa . Lots of steam and early diesels from the late 1950s and early 1960s.
alanch
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Easilyconfused on Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 pm

Alan makes a good point - it is down to members to satisfy themselves that sites they are visiting are safe. See viewtopic.php?f=168&t=58280 in particular
Please note that Atomic Systems cannot be held responsible for anything you do as a result of information or advice obtained from these forums, or from linked third party websites. You should fully understand what any recommended changes to your computer may do.
Easilyconfused

Return to [RW] Help for Beginners