Passenger Control

Use this forum to discuss generalisations that apply to all / some / none of the present train simulators.

Moderator: Moderators

Passenger Control

Postby ConcordZ on Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:25 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a software/tool that would allows me to do the following:

A rail traffic simulator that would define, for each direction of each station in relation to schedule, the number of disembarking passengers and the number of passengers boarding at a train. Therefore, during the simulation, the simulator must take into account traffic movements of passengers as follows:

• The load of the train must be recalculated after each station stop depending on the initial charge, the number of passengers to embark and disembark the train at this station;
• If the available space on the train does not allow all passengers to embark on a particular station, then the parking time should be extended for a configurable period (defined as a percentage of the normal parking time, or as a duration), and passengers remain on the platform (the traffic simulator must increase accordingly the number of passengers to embark on the next train).

My knowledge of the Railway industry is somewhat limited so any help and/or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
ConcordZ
New to the Forums

Re: Passenger Control

Postby jbilton on Thu Jan 19, 2012 1:23 am

Hi
Welcome to the forums. :P
Unfortunately I don't know of a simulator that can do what you wish.
I don't believe in the Rail industry the 'weight' of any passengers are taken into account, other than in the design stage.

Cheers
Jon
------------------------Supporting whats good in the British community------------------------
jbilton
Very Active Forum Member

Return to Generic Simulation