MSTS 1 crashing before opening screen

Are you trying to run MSTS 1 under Microsoft Windows Vista or Windows 7? People are largely having a lot of success but there are a lot of lessons to be learned. Share your experiences and ask questions here!

Moderator: Moderators

MSTS 1 crashing before opening screen

Postby eddywinch82 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:54 pm

Hi there,

I have a number of routes and stock loaded, and I have windows 7. It is however since
I loaded the manchester metrolink and northwest england route from uktrainsim that the program doesnt work.
It starts to load but fails after a short period and then exits the game automatically can anyone help me solve the problem ?
any help would be appreciated ps I dont have a the program called trainstore and I do have the mstsbin patch installed and trainupdate run

Regards

Eddie
eddywinch82
Getting the hang of things now

Re: MSTS 1 crashing before opening screen

Postby slipperman12 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:18 pm

Hi Eddie,
The first thing is to check which version of tsection.dat file is installed. Route often install their contemporary version; the NWE route may have installed one which isn't compatible with one or more of your other routes.
This file is found in the Train Simulator/GLOBAL folder; open it with NotePad and check for a line near the top : _INFO ( Build 000nn ) where nn is a number. If the number is lower than 38, you need in install either version 38 or 42UK, both of which are available on this site (it doesn't matter which you pick) :
 Click to view more informationGlobal TSection Issue 38 [310842 bytes] - tsection38.zip
File ID: 27747 Date: 30 Nov 2011 - 206 Downloads

Click to view more informationMSTS Standardized global tsection.dat file Build 00042UK [325489 bytes] - Tsection42UK.zip
File ID: 13758 Date: 05 Jan 2012 - 23712 Downloads

If you've already got one of these versions installed and MSTS still won't start, check the ReadMe files for NWE and Metrolink and make sure you've installed all the specified ancilliary files (like NewRoads, UKFS, Xtracks, etc).
If you still don't have any success, please come back :)

Cheers,
Ged
Intel i5-2500K (3.3Ghz), Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3-B3 m/b, 8GB DDR3 RAM, ATI Radeon HD6870 Graphics card (1GB), Asus Xonar DS sound card. Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit.
slipperman12
Very Active Forum Member

Re: MSTS 1 crashing before opening screen

Postby eddywinch82 on Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:32 pm

Thankyou very much sir, installing that file has fixed the problem, excellent

Best Regards
eddywinch82
Getting the hang of things now

Return to [MSTS1] MSTS under VISTA or Windows 7