The best to buy

Discussion about TRS related topics. [Please use the T2 forum to discuss Trainz Simulator: The new Era (T2) ]

Moderator: Moderators

The best to buy

Postby mulberry on Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:21 pm

I have Trainz 6 and trainz classic Carlisle Settle on my computer.I like to build layouts for fun based on the British Isles nothing serious just a challenge of imagination.

Can anyone recommend a Train CD or download that they would consider would suit me with any links about that programme .I would like something new

Thank you for your help,this is my first post here.
mulberry
New to the Forums

Re: The best to buy

Postby mulberry on Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:19 am

After one day,I have no replies,so being new here is my inquiry in the best place to be answered.
Thank you
mulberry
New to the Forums

Postby ashgray on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:17 pm

It is now! :)

Hopefully you'll get more response here in the Trainz forum.

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel i7-3960X 6 Core Extreme @ 4.2Ghz, 512Gb SSD + 1TB SATA drives, 32 Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX690, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Postby monkster on Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:54 pm

I don't know what it is you're really asking for (most likely due to my lack of sleep :lol: ) but if you are wondering about sources of inspiration and what to recommend to get the creative juices flowing.
There isn't a great or perfect DVD/Book that does this, I find my creations in trainz usually come from me just glancing at an old railway mag or even pictures on the internet and thinking to myself, "wow that would be an awesome thing to build in Trainz". I'm currently working on Lancaster - Warrington at the moment, and a lot of my fictional routes have been inspired by that little stretch of WCML.
For example, Leyland is a pretty decent station to get pictures of trains passing at speed, so I'll usually have a station on the route that trains hurtle through at 100+ MPH where you can just sit and watch them go by if you wish. One of my desolate yards is based on March after seeing a picture of a class 31 and an 08 with a brake van being the only thing occupying the entire yard.
Rather than look for big inspiration for something, just look for little snippets. You'll soon find that with those little bits here and there will progress into something spectacular. :D

That is of course if that is what you were asking about, three days without sleeping equals a sleepy monkeh :P. If I've got it completely wrong just say and, I'll try to help out the best I can :)
monkster
Getting the hang of things now

Postby bigvern on Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:25 am

There's a plethora of books out there on railway routes that might give ideas.

Google Middleton Press or Oakwood Press, they have numerous publications on specific lines - many now closed - which usually include track plans and a gradient profile.

When it's time to get serious about route building, check out the Transdem programme an essential add-on for setting up prototype routes as it can set up the DEM (terrain) data and overlay the mapping data you need to follow when laying out the track and scenery.
bigvern
Chief Track Welder

Return to [TRS] General Trainz Discussion