East Lancs Add ~ How can I Install?

New to Microsoft Train Simulator 1? Here's a good place to start and find out what it's all about!

Moderator: Moderators

East Lancs Add ~ How can I Install?

Postby qm001 on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Please excuse me. I am Connor (16) and enjoy my MS Train Sim and its add ons. I was given the East Lancs add in for Christmas. My dad has tried a number of times to install this each time it wants to over write files, which if allowed, stops the whole of MS train sim working. Is there any advise out in the train sim world? Many thanks and sorry if this is a very simple question. Connor :cry:
qm001
New to the Forums

Re: East Lancs Add ~ How can I Install?

Postby ashgray on Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:07 pm

Hi Connor, and a warm welcome to our forums! :D

The ELR is a very good but also quite an old route for MSTS. Installing it will overwrite one critical file in particular, which is likely the cause of the rest of your routes not working.

Download the latest version of this file, named TSection.dat, and follow the instruction in the accompanying readme file to install it on your system. Hopefully, and if I'm right, all your existing routes should then work OK.

Click to view more informationMSTS Standardized global tsection.dat file Build 00042UK [325489 bytes] - Tsection42UK.zip
File ID: 13758 Date: 05 Jan 2012 - 23728 Downloads

Ash
Ashley Gray

Intel i7-3960X 6 Core Extreme @ 4.2Ghz, 512Gb SSD + 1TB SATA drives, 32 Gb RAM
Nvidia GeForce GTX690, ASUS Xonar D2X/XDT Soundcard, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Postby qm001 on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:30 pm

To Ashgray. Many thanks for your help. We were able to sort out the files as you said. My dad says that old is not necessarily bad he still likes the old Mini. We still have some shape issues but ELR does now work. Thanks again. Connor :P
qm001
New to the Forums

Postby ashgray on Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:37 pm

Hey - glad to be able to help! :D

You will probably find that you'll have to re0install this file again if you decide to install any more older routes, so it might be an idea to keep it handy.

If you'd like to let us know what the shapes problem is about, I'm sure that someone here will be able to assist.

Ash
ashgray
Wafflus Maximus

Postby douglee on Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:13 pm

Hi Connor,
Welcome to the Forums from me as well. :D
I am glad you are all working now. There is a vast amount of enjoyment to be had from MSTS.
as older routes do tend to use an older version of the standard tSection as Ash says it is worth keeping a selection of the releases the best two to have are, tSection 38 and tSection 42UK.
It is worth investigating using Train Store (if you are not already).
There is the option to set which tSection is used with which Route and automatically choose it when an act is started.

It's all in the Manual named "TrainStore.pdf".

And may I praise your poilte posts well done. :D There so many one line queries with no hint of a name or even appreciation.

Good luck
Doug
"If it is not broke do not try to fix it"
Rest in Peace Doug L, you will be missed by many, many members of the Forum.
Least We Forget.
Doug L
douglee
Very Active Forum Member

Postby qm001 on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:56 am

Douglee & Ashgray

Thank you for your help and comments. The add on runs well but I have a small problem with the Jubilee Amethyst engine which seems to have a large triangle on the front. I think it is probably a pyramid in 3D but it looks very odd although everything else with driving the engine works fine. The shape is there from Bury Bolton Street station. Other engines do not have this problem.

I am still enjoying the add in though. Any ideas would be helpful. It is nice of you to take the trouble. Connor :P
qm001
New to the Forums

Postby douglee on Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:27 pm

Hi Connor,
Unfortunately do not posses he Add on referred to, so can not comment on the loco. :cry:
However those who do have the Add on and are able to help. Will benefit from knowing which view you are using when the "black triangle is visible. It will speed the the diagnosis. Posting a screen grab as an attachment (easy to do) and will help no end.

If you are are unsuccessful try here after viewforum.php?f=262&st=0&sk=t&sd=d&start=0 Avoid duplicate posts/threads though. :fadein:

I am sure we will be able to sort it out.

Good luck
Doug
douglee
Very Active Forum Member

Return to [MSTS1] Help for Beginners