Consist Tilt Error

Need some help understanding the blueprints for making your own engines, coaches and wagons? Here's a good place to start.

Moderator: Moderators

Consist Tilt Error

Postby Brock05 on Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:16 am

I'm new to modelling for Railsimulator. I've just built a 4 wheel Aussie open wagon (GY). It's pretty basic but I want to get something in game and running before I start on bigger, better things. I've managed to get it to export and in the sim.

Now for the problem. I can load up the sim and route and am able to place my wagon. I then click on the save arrow? (the one in the bottom right) and all appears good. Then when I go to click on a loco to start 'driving' my wagon disappears at the speed of light and I get a 'Game Over Error: Train derailment due to consist tilt'.

I'd like to know as to where I have gone wrong and how I can fix this. Is it related to the 3DModel or to the Wagon Blueprint. And what would cause this, e.g. incorrect collision length/height/width???

Stephen
Brock05
Getting the hang of things now

Re: Consist Tilt Error

Postby Schmalspur on Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Check the blueprint for the Rolling Fiction Coefficient as well as the other fields there and make sure all is in order, sounds like it might be encountering no friction?

Regards, Jack
Schmalspur
Been on the forums for a while

Postby Ryosuke on Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:31 pm

could be a problem with the collision box that causes some incredibly huge forces.
downsize the collision box (for testing purposes make it really small) and double check that all critical values (collision box, coupler points, pivot points, boogie and wheel settings) are set to the correct values, including the correct prefixes (+/-) and no mix ups between commas or full stops in values.

furhter regarding the collision box: my impression is that the size you enter in the blueprint gets for some unknwon reason enlarged when you export it. when i set the collision length to the correct position, e.g. the buffer length, then the resulting collision box in game can be a little larger which makes coupling impossible and causes consists to explode when you uncouple.
db schenker rail driver in training :)
Ryosuke
Well Established Forum Member

Postby Brock05 on Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:46 am

Situation Report: It now dosen't fly into outta space. But when reversing onto it about 4 meters out from the wagon the game gets a send/don't send error. Possibly a coupler issue.

Stephen
Brock05
Getting the hang of things now

Postby RSAdam on Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:16 am

These might be of use:

RSAdam
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Ryosuke on Wed Apr 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Brock05 wrote:Situation Report: It now dosen't fly into outta space. But when reversing onto it about 4 meters out from the wagon the game gets a send/don't send error. Possibly a coupler issue.

Stephen

what coupler did you reference in the blueprint of the wagon?

if you use one of the couplers that you can download from railsimulator.com then you have to export the specified coupler source files themselves as well, before you can use them.
Ryosuke
Well Established Forum Member

Postby simuk on Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:49 am

Was the solution to this ever found? I'm getting the same on a 4 wheel wagon, even though the wagon (or wagons) are placed quite a long distance from the loco that I'm clicking on - they just vanish and give a consist tilt message a few seconds later.
simuk
Very Active Forum Member

Postby Sly401 on Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:55 am

Simon

It sounds to me like the model has not been exported with its root centred at 0,0,0
It may also be the pivot points way out but that would be pretty obvious.

Good luck

Sly
Sly401
Very Active Forum Member

Postby simuk on Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:00 pm

Thanks, I'll see if they are at fault.
simuk
Very Active Forum Member

Return to [RS] Building Rolling Stock